I made loads of chocolate lego men. They were my favorite! I didn't go overboard on decorations, since 8 year old boys don't quite care as much as I do about ambiance. I cut out and ironed on little lego men onto canvas bags. The boys got to plan and decorate their own bags any way they wanted. It was a huge hit!
There are loads of lego printable things on the net, so if you want to know details, I am sure I can find them. I printed cute little juice box papers. But that headless lego man that we later played pin the head on? Yeah, I made that by hand, baby! I was pretty proud of how cute he turned out. There are the boys decorating their bags sprawled all over the floor. Some took ten minutes, others took 20, and then there was Brandt, who took 45. So funny! In true boy-style, a game of keep away broke out in our front room with full on tackling.
We then served up pizza and drinks and turned on a Lego movie. About half way through, we paused to play some Lego charades. The boys LOVED this and were super adorable. There are their bags all drying, which I am sure took a full two days to dry. Sorry, parents. I did a super easy cake this year. I was so proud of myself for scaling back. After the cake, we watched the rest of the movie and then opened presents. Treyton got some awesome lego sets, so the boys divided into four groups and built the new lego sets together. They were so adorable. This age is so much fun and the boys are hilarious! Treyton loved his party and it was really fun and easy for me to plan.
I also want to get a blog post done about Treyton's amazing baptism. We had amazing family fly in and Treyton felt so special. Here is a little preview of the baptism set-up. I had a ton of fun putting this together, too. Some might see this as completely unnecessary, which is just fine, but it is something I love to do and something that my kids love that makes them feel extra special. The book I put together for his baptism was my absolutely favorite. You'll see (hopefully...).
4 comments:
Wow, Sis, very impressed by both the party and baptism. And if that party was your idea of scaling back on decorations on themes, then I think you've found a new profession when the kids are all school ... professional party planner! Way cool. So since you love parties, for my next bday, I want my party done in GI Joe theme. Can't wait to see what you come up with! : )
AMAZING as always. I am going to hide your blog posts about birthdays from my kids when they learn to read. Otherwise they will seriously feel neglected. Love you! Happy Birthday Trey! And Happy BAPTISM!!
what a fun party, i love it!! i may have to copy you! i was so happy to see a post by you, now i just need to get on the ball!!
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
فني ستائر بالرياض
شركة تفصيل و تركيب ستائر بالرياض
فني تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
فني تركيب ستائر ايكيا بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر واثاث بالرياض
شركة تركيب ستائر بالرياض
فني تركيب ستائر بالرياض
Post a Comment