We did it! Mandi and Thomas and Todd and Heather came and stayed with us this weekend for the 10k. There are about 30,000 people who run it. So crazy!! I had been training, sorta, and was up to about 4 miles two months ago and then I stopped training. Todd had told me that Heather was really worried about running it, so I took that to mean that I didn't need to train and wouldnt have any problem to keep up with her. NOT SO. Heather kicked my butt the whole time! But I am glad I ran with her. She kept me going (most of the time!) I ran about 13 minute miles, which I was proud of without training. Everyone finished strong, especially Nate who hadn't trained at all. We are all feeling it now though! Thanks to Mandi for watching the kids while we ran in the rain. Treyton keeps asking me to take him back to our race. "I love going to your races, Mommy."
Monday, April 7, 2008
Monument Avenue 10K
We did it! Mandi and Thomas and Todd and Heather came and stayed with us this weekend for the 10k. There are about 30,000 people who run it. So crazy!! I had been training, sorta, and was up to about 4 miles two months ago and then I stopped training. Todd had told me that Heather was really worried about running it, so I took that to mean that I didn't need to train and wouldnt have any problem to keep up with her. NOT SO. Heather kicked my butt the whole time! But I am glad I ran with her. She kept me going (most of the time!) I ran about 13 minute miles, which I was proud of without training. Everyone finished strong, especially Nate who hadn't trained at all. We are all feeling it now though! Thanks to Mandi for watching the kids while we ran in the rain. Treyton keeps asking me to take him back to our race. "I love going to your races, Mommy."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Way to go! I could not a 10K right now- that is for sure!
Congratualtions to all who ran and thanks for sharing. Love you, Mom Sharp
That's awesome! You both look great. I run about 15 min. miles so you're kicking my butt! I can't even imagine doing a 10K--ever. 5K's scare me. I'm so glad you posted pictures, it looks like you had a blast! Good job! I think Kristi is looking for a triathlon for us, so no one can get pregnant (not that either of us is tempted!).
Thats awesome! I wish I had the energy and the stamina to do something like that!
Wow, that is all i have to say. My 2 miles of running,and 2 miles walking back cause I cant run that far does me in a couple times a week. I look up to you! I was thinking about a 5k, but i dont know. I really hate to run, really really hate to run. You look great!
a 10k? you are nuts!!! i am doing a 5k and already scared! good for you guys!
Post a Comment