Monday, December 19, 2011

Catch Up

Well, its been a while since I've posted. Having Emery has been a bit tougher than expected. If she had been like Griffey or Jayci (easy, easy babies) it would be no problem, but this little girl loves to be held and rocked to sleep and then you have to keep holding her or she wakes up! We have been working on it this last week and she has gotten better, even falling asleep by herself a few times. Wahoo! And her night sleep has been great the last week. She sleeps between 4.5-6 hours, eats for ten minutes, then sleeps another 3-4 hours. Its been fantastic! She really is a keeper. She is just the cutest little thing, even if at times I just want to tear my hair out! I feel bad because my other kids have been left to their own devices and my house is a disaster and I'm lucky if I can get a shower in every other day! BUT, I wouldn't change it. She is so worth it! And I know we are getting better, day by day, and this phase will be over soon. She is already six weeks old. I can't believe it!

Anyways, I haven't had a chance to post about a bunch of things and visitors, so I am going to start with the next visitor that came after my mom, Nate's mom. It was SO great having her here. She is such a great playmate for the kids! And not to mention all of the food she cooked and house she cleaned as well. I felt pretty bad for her because the time she was here was the time I was MOST stressed out. I was trying to do what I did with my other kids (babywise) for Emery. They say to start at 2 weeks and thats what I did. But she is not the kind of baby that it will work for. I tried it anyways and it completely made me frustrated and sad and crazy! She would cry forever if I let her try to get herself to sleep, but I kept trying and I think Linda thought I was torturing the poor girl...which I kinda felt like i was. But I kept thinking, "it worked so great for my other kids". Then, after she left, I realized that it was not worth it to me to hear her cry and be crazy and frustrated and snap all of the time. She obviously is not as easy of a baby as my other ones and just too little to be forcing into something like this. It wasn't good for anyone, so I gave it up. But, as I said, I was trying this during poor Linda's visit. Sorry, Linda! I know I was acting like a crazy person during your time here. We really loved having her here and getting to meet Emery, help me out a TON, and play with the kids. They, of course, were in heaven!

Getting ready to go to church.
Emery got lots of snuggles in with Nana.
Again with Nana. I love pictures like this. Emery just looks so content and happy! Thanks again for coming, Linda, and all you did. You are amazing and we love you!

I still have tons to post about: My sister-in-law Heather and little Ellie coming to visit, Thanksgiving, my brother, Kyle, visiting, every day life, Treyton's tooth, Jayci's program, etc. But, here are a few preview pictures because who knows when I'll be on again!
Treyton's tooth story to come.
Griffey eating his eggnog ice cream cone. Nice.

Jayci's little Pre-K program.
Our first family walk outside with Emmie all bundled up!
I just thought it was cute.


And these last two are from this morning. I just wanted to document how big she is getting at six weeks old! I want her to stay little forever...as long as she'd sleep better. Babies are just so amazing and precious! This last one reminded me of Griffin in this picture:
He was about a month and half older here, but I think she looks more like him than any of our other kids. What do you think? Look alike or not?

2 comments:

Lisa Keck said...

So cute!!

Dallings said...

I loved Babywise with the twins so much, I knew it would be great with Rhett too. I was so wrong. His cries got louder and louder and never stopped. It was very difficult. He is not a self soother to this day. However he doesn't need to be soothed much anymore unless he is sick or something. You were doing what you thought would be best for her and the family. She does look like Griffey. She is getting so big. I am excited to see her.