Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy V Day

Yes, I realize that I haven't posted in FOREVER and have a ton to catch up on, but I since today is Valentine's Day, that's what I decided to post about. So there!
I love holidays and making them fun for the family. So, last night, I ran out to the store and got balloons for the kids, like I do every year. It is one of their favorite parts! They woke up to balloons, candy at their chairs, and a special breakfast of doughnuts, strawberries, and hot chocolate. Treyton had to go to school but he was super excited to pass out his valentines this year. I let him choose what he wanted and this is what he came up with:

And this is love monster to put the cards he receives in:

The rest of us spent the morning finishing up Jayci's valentines. She wanted to make different ones for the girls and boys in her class:Then we worked on a candy bar bouquet for Nate. Griffey was so obsessed that he pulled over a chair to stare at them for ten minutes.
Next, it was time to get ready, so we did something fun for Jayci's hair to make it special.
And I LOVE that this skirt is being worn for her third Valentine's Day in a a row! I just sewed some ruffled ribbon on the bottom to extend it a bit and voila!

These last two are from a few days ago, but they are cute and I wanted to put them on. Griffey can't leave Emery alone when I'm trying to take pictures of her. The boy loves the spotlight.And here is my cute smiler! She is such a happy, fun baby (now!). I LOVE my kids!
We still have a special family dinner and dessert planned, along with a special book I bought for each of them. Plus, Nate and I are going to have a movie date at home after the kids go to bed. I am so lucky to have such a fun family that I get to spend this holiday with. I love them all more than I could EVER say!! Happy Valentine's Day, everyone. Especially to my family that I can't be with. We love and miss you like crazy!!

9 comments:

Angie said...

You are so super creative!! Loved the hair. :)

Jenna said...

I love the straw idea & of course everything else is adorable!

Hksedwick said...

WOW!! You are such a fun mom. This is a cool holiday in your house!

melynda said...

ok, that hair heart is AWESOME!! your kids are so cute. daxton did straws too(for the 3 kids in joy school!! haha), i couldnt think of anything creative to say with it. i should have called you!! happy VD day!

Jackie said...

Man, you make me want to be a cooler mom! Keep up the good work. :)

Mandi said...

FUN! I love that Trey's Valentine's are not food. And that is a crazy cute idea! Jayci's hair and skirt are adorable and it is so funny that Griffin stared at the candy boquet for 10 minutes. :). The picture of the two little ones is adorable. We miss you all so much! You inspire me to do more holiday things. :)

Mandi said...

FUN! I love that Trey's Valentine's are not food. And that is a crazy cute idea! Jayci's hair and skirt are adorable and it is so funny that Griffin stared at the candy boquet for 10 minutes. :). The picture of the two little ones is adorable. We miss you all so much! You inspire me to do more holiday things. :)

Megan said...

So fun!! Can I just say I want to nibble emery's cheeks!! Those things look delicious!!

ellen insights said...

Loved your cute Valentine's Day things. Jayci's hair was also very cute. I can't wait till I have kids old enough to enjoy holidays.