Treyton: He still loves school and is doing great. Every once in a while, he gets a note sent home saying he has been talking a bit too much, but if that is the extent of his "bad" behavior at school, I'm good! Although, once, he did hide his folder for two weeks because he got a note sent home both weeks. Once I finally found it (because we are supposed to initial every week) he was in big trouble! Treyton starts soccer on Friday and is totally excited. We are ready for him to get some excess energy out as well. He still drives every crazy when he doesn't have anything to do, but it also a really sweet kid. The other night, I had been writing an email and turned around to see him eating the last banana that I had been saving ALL day so I could use it in my protein shake later. I must have looked really upset (yes, over a banana) because this is the note I found outside my door:


Jayci: She is the same old Jayci. Saying random, off the wall things. Telling me what I must say when we play. Always being someone new! She reads like crazy crazy good. She can read almost anything we throw at her. She is super social and thinks that anytime a person smiles at her, she has made a new friend. She also starts soccer soon and it will be interesting to see how that goes! I don't think she has a coordinated bone in her body, but maybe this will help? Anyways, she is still as sweet as can be and is such a great, easy kid. Always has been. Hopefully it will hold on throughout the teenage years. A mom can hope, right?

Griffin: He has definitely hit the two year old mark! He's getting a little too much spunk for my taste. He is still super adorable and such a cuddler (with Nate and I) but he has started this horrible shrieking thing when someone does something he doesnt like or comes close to him when he is playing with something just he wants to play with. He hasn't started doing this with other people yet, just at home. It's actually pretty funny. He loves to play "guys" or read books, he loves to wrestle, play outside, and jump on the tramp. He makes us laugh all of the time with all of the funny things he does. He has been sick a lot since we moved here so I recently took him to the allergist. We had seen one in VA and she had tested him with a nasal swab, telling me it wasn't likely he had any. She thought he just had a sinus infection, but I knew it was more. Anyways, it turns out he did have a sinus infection but he also tested 40% allergy cells. So, she gave him zyrtec to use daily and told us to be on our way, since she wouldn't test him for specifics when he wasn't yet two. So, the allergist here did the same thing with the nasal swab. His allergy cells have actually gone up since moving here and the Dr. said it was a really high count for someone so little. We did skin testing but all came back negative. So, the allergist diagnosed Griffey with a thing called NARES. Basically, a small group of people have extreme allergy cells in their nose but they can't figure out what they are actually allergic to and they don't respond to zyrtec or claritin type allergy medication. So, he was given a new prescription that is supposed to help. We go back in three months to check again. If the cells have gone down, than great! If not, they are going to be testing his immune system.

Emery: She is just changing WAY too fast for me. I LOVE snuggling with my cute little baby. I seriously don't want her to get bigger! She loves to smile. She isn't a huge laugher, she more does the silent laugh thing where she just opens her mouth super huge and smiles. She loves to stand up on her feet and she is getting really strong. We have recently started her in the bumbo, now that her neck is pretty strong, in hopes of helping with her flat head that developed the past couple of weeks. She is a really happy and content baby. She's rarely fussy, which is great because we definitely got our share of that for the first two months! She is taking three naps a day, but her sleep at night is a bit sporadic still. One night she did ten hours, the next it was only 4 in a row. But, she eats and goes right back to sleep, so I really can't complain. She's also been practicing reaching for toys on her tray. It is pretty funny to watch since she still looks a little like a T-rex, but she's getting there. We just could not love her more and love to watch the goofy faces she makes. She is also loving the drool right now. Me? Not such a fan.



3 comments:
Where do I start!? Your kids are so stinkin cute! Love all the valentines too.
We're really missing you and your kids! This post is a two-edged sword - - we LOVE hearing about them, but it makes us miss them even MORE!!!
Love the updates! Your kids are so adorable and they are looking so much older in just under a year already. Hope you guys are doing good and having fun in OK :)
Post a Comment