Monday, December 10, 2012

Summer in a nutshell

Well, obviously I have been sucking at keeping this thing updated. So, no more breaking it up into little posts. I am doing a big massive post for the rest of the summer. How do you like me now, blog?! Here it is, in pictures:
Treyton played in his first basketball league. He missed the first 3 (out of six) games, and all of the practices. That's okay. He tried his little heart out and really sucked! It was pretty cute to watch. He is now in the Winter league and has had 2 practices. We are excited to say that we are no longer super embarrassed! He really has improved a weird amount. Go, Treyton!

So cute in his uniform.

This is at the ball's apex...Just kidding. But it was really almost that bad. But he had tons of fun, and at this age, that is what counts.

I don't know why this pic is in here, other than it shows how Griffin is always lurking above Emery, ready to pounce at any given moment.

A new friend, Abby! The Rowlett's just moved from Richmond for anesthesiology as well and we LOVE them. They have Abby and then Jake, who is Emery's age. We love hanging out with them.

We tried out all kinds of fun hair dos to keep her hair out of her face during swim lessons this summer.

Jayci took a little dance class at Miss Ashlyn's house with her friends from church. Ashlyn is amazing and she had SO much fun!

The kids emerged from a quiet time like this.

They were being sleuths.

Just getting a little reading and snuggling time in.

They did a little final performance for the parents. Jayci had the time of her life.

This is what these two thought of it:

Sisters!

Treyton writing one of his MANY stories. He loves to be creative.

Jayci and Ashlyn. Too bad she can't teach all year round. She is amazing! Dang college classes and performances get in the way.

Getting bigger...

Swim lessons! This was the first year our kids have had them. Yes, late, I know. But who knew Treyton would be such a fish?! He picked it up so fast and was really good. He loves it and wants to do swim team this next summer.

He had fun taking the classes with his best buddy, Austin.

Jayci did surprisingly well, too. She picked it up fairly quickly and wasn't afraid to get her face wet by the end.

She also loved taking the classes with her friends Kenzie and Emma.

And I had tons of fun wrestling Griffin around on the bleachers trying to keep him from jumping in the pool. Oh, wait...Can't wait until this summer when he is old enough to take!

Just chillin...

Playing water polo.

Noodle races.

Griffin, up close.

Emery, up close and sweaty.

Good baby! It was so hot and sweaty in there that she just drifted off. Which was good, since I was wrangling the other one!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Elli would freak out if we were near a pool and not be able to get in. I applaud you for enduring!! Also- Elli is always pouncing on Sienna as well!!! I can't get her to understand that she cannot lay on Sienna! They do love each other though as is clearly seen with such cute shots of Griffy and Emery. Fun post! I enjoy seeing all their summer fun!

Chelsey said...

I loved the LONG update! I can't believe how cute and grown up your kids are. Thanks for sending a Christmas card too...it was fun to see how your family has grown!