Saturday, November 8, 2008

Fun Friday and Other Stuff

I guess we'll do the other stuff first. Here are some random pictures and things from the last week or so that I missed blogging:

This is my fall sign that I made and I love it! I have a different sign with ribbon to go in the middle for each season. So cute.

This is the Halloween Headband I made for Jayci. I have to say, this is my favorite bow that i have made so far.
We hit up the day-after sales and got a few things for the kids. Treyton loves his "dinosaur bones" shirt.
The Halloween Dinner I made. It is worms on a bun (veggie dogs in strips with bbq sauce) mummy pizzas, and homemade creamy carrot soup. It was really fun. Treyton helped me make monster mash for dessert.

I just loved this picture. She couldn't stop laughing at me. I was pretty hilarious. It must have been getting late!

Our Friday:
First of all, I took the kids to Madagascar 2, just because we never go to the movies and I thought they would like it. I was right! After major panicking during the previews by Jayci (she thought, like at Disneyworld, water was going to squirt her and loud clanking noises were coming. She kept saying "scared, scared, scared"), the movie started and they loved the animals and the songs. It was actually really funny. I'm glad we went and recommend it.
When Nate got home from his test, he remembered he had an Elder's Quorum pinewood derby in two hours and he hadn't made his car yet. so, after a while we finally found it and he made his "spidey" car in about an hour with our kitchen knife, since we lack tools.

The finished product.

Racing the car.
And SUPRISE!! We won. There were a lot of cars and heats, and Nate ended up setting track records. The secret was a hole he drilled in the back and filled with pennies. Way to go Nate!

And this picture was just too funny that I had to put it on there. This is my "I just pulled the legoes apart" look. Funny girl. Fun night at the church. They even had stuff set up for the kids and snacks.

5 comments:

Chelsey said...

What cute projects! You're just so talented. Congrats to Nate on winning...Tim really wanted to join in on the fun but ran out of time and then his parents are visiting. Maybe next year!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE your door sign, Alyson! And Nate - way to go! Fun to see the "big boys" still boys!!! Is that pinewood derby coin-thing legal?!!!
Love ya - - Mom

melynda said...

ok, love the bones zip-up hoodie, adam has one too!! you are so creative, i love that bow! miss you.

Linda said...

I'm surprised you knew how to do the car. Did you get to help on any when you were a cub? Ha Ha Ha!
Congratulations, son. Love the pictures and always enjoy your entries. Makes the miles seem not so far. Love ya, Mom Sharp

Jamie said...

Your amazing! I love your door sign and bow. Your Halloween dinner looked like fun too. And congratulations Nate and Trey on your car!