Well, at least this past weekend we were. We are getting a little bit better. So, I feel like I can share this now, because it has been over three months and it no longer makes me feel on the verge of tears when I tell it. When I was in Disney World, I found out I was preggo. Really unplanned and unexpected, but we were pretty excited about it. Even Nate didn't freak out! For some reason though, I felt like I really shouldn't tell anyone about it. But, the week before Twilight came out (yes, that is how I measure time), I started spotting. It got worse. I had to go to the dr. three times that week for ultrasounds, exams, and blood tests. Unfortunatly, my Dr. was out on maternity leave, so I saw the NP. She told me on Fri. that it looked like I was miscarrying. And I did the next day. It was horrifyingly painful. I felt like I was in full on labor. I was ten weeks. Anyways, I expected some light bleeding, but a week later I started hemmhoraging and passing clots. This has continued for three months. It has been an issue. I have been in and out of the dr.'s with them telling me "well, this looks like the end of it" just to have me back in three days later. SO annoying. And the blood loss really did a number on me. I felt tired and sick all of the time. So finally, this past Thursday, my Dr. scheduled a d&c for the next day. Nate stayed home from school to go with me and my wonderful friends watched the kids. I was so lucky to have it done on a weekend so Nate could stay home and help me out so I could hole up in my bed.
Well, after the surgery, once we got the kids in bed, Nate went out to play church basketball. He comes home, wakes me up, and tells me he is going to the ER! Yes, he injured is ankle in church ball. Great. He ended up spraining and tearing ligaments. So he was, and still is, on crutches. Big help there, Nate!! So I did not get my much anticipated rest. He has done what he could, even taking the kids to church with his crutches. I do appreciate that. But it definitely is not what I was anticipating! Then, to add to the drama, Jayci came down with a fever, and both kids are now sick and coughing horribly. It will get better. We were just in chaos all weekend. The progression of the fat foot:



Here is Jayci with my meds. She loves to shake them:

The kids in time out this morning for getting into the cough drops. They are just so cute.

And some of the treats we made for my friends who helped us out this week. Thanks, Thomas, for showing us how great Cake Truffles are
!
24 comments:
I think you guys need a little DisneyWorld!! That is so crazy awful - but you're still smiling - hang in there - we just love your family!
Your ankle looks terrible, the kids look so sad an sorry in time out and the cake truffles look delicious. Did you have fun making them? Did the kids help? You guys are headed for better times, I'm sure.
It looks to me like Treyton got into more than just cough drops. That picture is pretty revealing! Tell Nate I can empathize with a little ankle pain!
Wow, it seems like when things can't get any worse something else happens! I am so sorry you guys! I can't imagine how you are feeling but know that Heavenly Father is always there for us! We love you!
Oh and we would love to have you visit anytime! :)
we love you guys. *huge hugs*
ps check out the blog bakerella. there are lots of cake truffles on there & she was featured on martha! (theres a link on my blog to her)
oh i love you and hope you are feeling better. it all seems to come at once, but your strong. sorry nate about the ankle, it looks very painful. i think you guys need a nanny for a few days!!
Wow, when it rains it pours huh? Dang I hope Parker didn't get your kids sick. He doesn't have a cough but he has been throwing up, and lucky me I am now throwing up too. Have your kids thrown up yet?
wow...sounds like a really bad few months. hope that means things will get better soon!
Woody I am so sorry for your loss and I hope and pray things start going up for you guys!
As much as it was a bad weekend to come, I am glad we were there for you and hopefully took your mind off of things. Yay Twilight!!!
Man everyone seems to get seriously hurt in church basketball. Its vicious! Hope you your whole family feels better!!! Love you guys!
Oh Al! Why aren't we neighbors? I'm so sorry for your struggles. That's some heavy stuff. I hope things get better soon. Love you!
Ps - how bout posting the recipe for the cake truffles?
Oh Alyson,
I'm so sorry. I wish we were closer to help. You didn't even get a weekend! You are so strong to get through all of this. I can't imagine how hard that would all be. Hopefully after the kids get better things will start looking up for you. (Doing it all without sugar! I think you should at least get some chocolate!)
You have to share the recipe for those truffles...they look scrumptious!
I love that I am not the only one who takes pictures of their kids in time out! I hope your recovery is going well.
Alyson, I hope you are feeling better- that is so crappy- but you are having a really good attitude about it- I admire that. I love your comment about missing baseball games- I swear I was just telling someone about going to Cam's games the day you wrote that, I do miss hanging out with you in the sun watching games- I prefer to forget the cold rainy games...
Oh Alyson...you have gone through so much lately! Can't believe all of it! Hope you are getting better!!
And Nate's ankle...lucky you. Trevor broke his on Weds night basketball when we were there. Nate is another casuality of that night...it seems that most get hurt then.
And bummer you didn't get the rest since he got hurt...so lucky to live where you do so you can get help!!
Alyson, I had no idea that you had been going through all of this. I've been stressed about being kicked out of our house and moving to who knows where and packing boxes. I haven't been on anyones blogs or even our family website lately, so I didn't even know. I'm so sorry for you. I can't imagine losing a baby and my heart is breaking for you that on top of that you had to have a d&c. Too bad Nate got hurt too. I swear church ball will be the end of our husbands! Oh, I read your comment on my blog too, don't worry about the sugar thing--I hope you enjoyed that shake for me too. You absolutely deserved it after what you went through. Yummy! I hope things will be looking up for you soon. Love ya!
I'm glad you found our blog!! I'll be adding you too. I can't believe all you have been through. That is a lot to deal with. I can only imagine how heartbreaking that is. I hope you guys all recover quickly!!
I just wanted to be one of a million that said that we love you guys and are there for you if you need anything. I wish we could see you guys again! I know Alyssa misses Trey!
Uh maybe you should watch Jaci....We dont need any addicts in the fam! :)
You Poor things! I am so sorry! We have had a month like that in BV. It was one thing after another! We learned what does not kill you makes you want to sleep for a week! Hope you are feeling better soon. We miss you guys! -the Zalits
sounds like you guys have both been through a real rough patch! my goodness! i am sure there is something to that whole sun-peeking-through the clouds after a storm thing though. i hope things are looking up for you all soon!!
Post a Comment