So, we ARE still alive! Sorry its been so long. We've had just a bit going on, with packing up and moving out of our townhouse, taking a week-long trek (with stops in DC, Buena Vista, Nashville, and Little Rock), painting, cleaning, and unpacking, all while still having three kids to handle (HUGE thanks to my mom and dad for taking them to San Antonio for FOUR days while we painted and unpacked stuff) and just getting used to this whole owning-a-house thing.
So far, we are liking Oklahoma City. I have never in my life seen so many neighborhoods all over the place. They are EVERYWHERE. And there isn't much land to the homes. But, after living in Chelsea Square for the last four years, we are loving the bit of backyard that we do have! Its been incredibly hot, but without NEARLY as much humidity as Richmond. The first two weeks here, I am pretty sure there were severe storm warnings and tornado watches every night. It was crazy. And their severe storms always include at least golf ball sized hail all the way up to baseball sized. And, just so you know, what they sing in the song is true "When the WIND comes sweeping down the plains." It is SO windy here all of the time, which works out well for me because now I actually have a reason to keep my hair up!
Alright, so enough of an update about here. Let me show you a tiny sneak peek of before and afters on our house:
The entryway. It is a bit long, dark, and awkward to decorate.

This is the fireplace and their drapes when we moved it. Notice how the wall behind the fireplace is a different color than the other two walls. And there was a fourth wall that is an even different color. None matched well and NONE were painted well. They most definitely did not use tape.
The after mantle! It took lots of primer and paint and patience, but we LOVE how it turned out. The plan is to paint the kitchen cupboards as well (they are the same nasty brown color as the before mantle), but that is a longer project. I hope to complete it before the baby comes.

The whole front room before.
While my parents took Treyton and Jayci to SA, we kept Griffin at home, thinking he would completely easy. And while he is a really great baby, he has recently found a mischievous streak, evidenced by the picture below. I was playing ball-popper with him in the toy room when one of the balls rolled out of the room. He went to go get it and didn't come back. I followed him out only a FEW seconds behind and he had already created a complete mess! Got to love that kid, though. He is just the cutest thing.
Anyways, that is it for our mega post right now. I'll post some more soon about our last few days in VA, as well as what we have been up to in OKC!
16 comments:
I can't believe all that furniture fit in your apt before! It suits that big room so perfectly. Love your portrait wall too. You are one of the only people I know who could paint the interior of a whole house in just four days!
I love it Alyson!!! I love how open the layout is. All your hard work has definitely paid off, it's beautiful!
if you think you were jealous of us playing while you were working- think again. living with in laws or having your own beautiful home ? hmmmm... it's a toss up.
the place looks beautiful, alyson! can't wait to see more pictures.
What a cute house and you guys have done an awesome job painting and decorating too! So creative :) Can't believe how much you guys have got done, already looks like your HOME :)
It looks awesome. You both have mad skills at decorating. It looks like a great home.
Wow! You really made the place look great. I bet that took a lot of work. You have such a great eye for decorating.
Hi! Love the house. You've done such a great job so far and the space is awesome! Can't wait to see how the rest turns out. Glad you guys made it safely and are getting all settled in.
I love it!! You are absolutely amazing. Can you come do ours for me! Glad things are going well and you are all settled.
Beautiful! I love it. You've got a gift, girl.
You have done an amazing job. It looks fantastic. Will you help me decorate? I can't even get an apartment decorated, how am I going to make a house look cute? Nice work Sharps.
I have been checking your blog nonstop for an update and I was totally hoping you would put up pics of your new house!! I LOVE it and of course you have made it soooo cute!!!! I'm so excited for you guys but gosh I am going to miss you!
Love love LOVE! your new place! It looks like you guys have lots of space and are filling it out really well. I'm impressed (but not really surprised) by how much paint and decor you've managed to get done in such a short time. And tell Dr. Nate congrats, we are really proud of you guys!!
love love love love love it!! everything looks so great Alyson! We miss you here but it looks like you are settling in nicely!
Your house is beautiful. I can't believe what you've already accomplished. You are the best wall arranger.
it looks beautiful, i cant wait to come and see it!
Alyson, you are amazing! I love all the decor. It must be so nice to have so much space. Btw, a new family just moved in for ortho and the husband played baseball with your hubby. His name is Greg Car...small world huh.
Post a Comment