Thursday, June 30, 2011

Our Virginia Lasts

Even though I'm sure I'll like it here in OKC, I really do miss Virginia. It was our home state for nine years. That's a long time! Here are some of the pictures from some of our last things we did:
Jayci and I got to go to Treyton's Field Day at Skipwith. It was adorable. They had an outside assembly where the janitor sang a beautiful National Anthem, the fourth graders sang two songs (including Dancing in the Street) and a teacher gave the history of the school. Yes, I teared up. I just loved Skipwith and am really going to miss having Treyton there.

This is Treyton and his partner Bryant. Each of the Kindergartners had to have a fifth grade buddy with them, but they could go wherever they wanted. They had a list of activities they had to get checked off, and it was adorable to watch.
That is their fifth grade buddy behind them. She was so cute with them. They all walked around holding hands. It was so sweet!
Todd, HEather, and Elliana came down one last time to visit before we moved. We loved living close to them for the last four years (and Tys and Diana for the last year). After being away from family for so long, it was so nice to have them only a 2-3 hour drive away.
While they were visiting, we headed over to St. John's Church. My mom has been dying to go since we moved to Richmond and we had never done it! We have an ancestor buried there, who was the firs Reverend of the church and the first person buried there. It really was a beautiful church and really cool.
It was set on a little hill surrounded by older houses. It was very picturesque.
My mom standing next to the grave. Todd and I were goofing off and my mom was getting mad at us that we were being disrespectful in the graveyard...but look who's laughing here!

Okay, this next sequence is really funny. Heather's defense afterward was that she really wanted to put a flower on the grave. Yes, Heather. That would have been a great idea....if you hadn't picked the ONLY growing flower in the entire churchyard and ripped off the entire tree branch in the process!. We all just saw Heather kind of walk off and turned around to see what she was doing. The rest of us just started laughing so hard when she tore the branch off and couldn't stop laughing for the rest of the time.




Our kids saying goodbye to our neighbor, Lincoln, on the last night in VA. It was so sad saying goodbye to everybody. But at that point, I was so exhausted from the heat, packing, cleaning, and being pregnant that I just hope people realized that I was actually sad!
Playing with the Broce's for the last time in the "grassy area".
After we got done cleaning, our Eversham Court Crew stayed and hung out at our house on the floor with us. It was fun to just talk one last time. We miss the Hinrichs and the Johnstons!
Matt and Wade were playing for about a half an hour on our Photobooth. Now we forever have the scariest pictures of both of these guys!

Well, we miss our friends, the green, the history, and everything else that came with Virginia. We will definitely be back to visit, and I am sure we will find things about Oklahoma that we will love, too.

2 comments:

Sara said...

oh boo who how i miss va!!! looks like you guys had a party moving though:) ok i LOVE your house and what you have done with it- you are amazing!!! so can you coem do my place and maybe have your parents come take my kids while i paint and unpack? no fair!!!

melynda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.