Saturday, September 24, 2011

I Have No Title

This post doesn't have a title, just some random things, like a few projects and Trey's room that hasn't been posted yet, that aren't really that exciting.

Our kitchen is rather sad. We have a solid wood table, which is great, but only have metal chairs to sit on. I just barely made and put this curtain up last week, since I had some leftover fabric from a quilt. I made that Farmers Market sign last week, too. I love it. And we ended up moving our computer into the kitchen to streamline our front room. Because our computer is bigger than a lot of TVs, I didn't have room to hang BOTH of my white shelves that I made (with some of my best Virginia friends!), so I settled for just one. I took off the awful shades they had on the chandelier but have yet to replace them. And, to top it all off, to the right of our computer desk is our treadmill, since there is no where else in the house it fits. I HATE having it in the kitchen, but what are you gonna do?

This is the new chore board I made a few weeks ago. My kids LOVE it, and in turn, so do I! They love checking every day to see what chores are hanging on their nail and they love moving the tags off when they have completed it. It has made my life easier. I found it on Pinterest and just changed it up a bit for my own liking (the quote is different, I used nails instead of hooks because its what I had on hand, etc.)
Treyton's room thus far. I still have a really cute brothers quote board to make and hang and some other things, but this is the gist. Hopefully some day he'll get an actual dresser instead of plastic drawers. And the two quilts actually match, but are reversible. He wanted his (on the bottom) on the back side this time. When Griffey is a few months older, the boys will share this room and the bunk beds.
And to the right, you can't see his desk and super hero pictures he has hanging. Plus I need to rehang his "art hanger stuff" so he can hang up all of the stories and pictures he makes daily.
Griffey is obsessed with "buttons" right now. He always tries lifting my shirt up in public. I guess because mine is kinda out there. You want to know what's weird? I have NEVER had an outtie, even when pregnant. I know girls whose buttons pop at like 10 weeks! Mine, even at 40, is an innie. Which is great, because Nate is totally freaked out by outtie buttons.
I made this to go on my interchangeable wreath for Halloween. I put it up already because I'm too lazy to change it twice within one month's time.
Jayci has a little birthday party to go to today, so I whipped up a bow to go with the gift. Its kinda a crazy bow, but I actually like how colorful it is.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

If we move to OK, I am hiring you as my decorator. However, as I will be dirt poor, I will pay you in babysitting and book-loaning.

Heather said...

I love all the decor-- I especially love the window shutter and rose wreath- you are amazing!!!!

Danielle and Brian said...

I wish I was as talented as you and I wish that I could just whip up anything in the nick of time! seriously super mom you are!!