KIDS:
The kids all passed around sickness for a while, which meant tons of laundry and sanitizing for me. They are all back to being well and loving school. Treyton misses his old school and friends a lot (and so do I), but he's having fun with all of the new technology and friends at his new school. He loves to write and illustrate books, still loves anything art or building, and absolutely adores Nate and misses him like crazy when he's at work. Griffey is getting a little defiant streak in him now! It's exhausting. He wants me to play all day and yells "NO" when I try to leave the room for ANYTHING. He is definitely missing his older siblings while they are gone! But he is still such a good kid and so adorable that I mostly just let him have his way. Great, I know. But I just know that soon enough his little world is going to be rocked and I can't bear to do it yet! Jayci is still my sweet little girl. She is reading up a storm (like reading the books that Trey brings home for his first grade reading!) and still smothering her little brother like crazy. She is counting down the weeks until she gets to have a new sister to help take care of.
NATE:
Nate's intern year is going great. He loves his program and his fellow interns, which is great. Right now he is in Trauma ICU. What is really great about this program is that the anesthesia interns are the only ones at this private hospital. There are no other residents. So, when they are on call, they run all of the codes when people code, they are in charge of all of the central lines, running BATS and RATS, and assessing/calling it when people don't make it. It is a lot of responsibility for an intern and he gets to do things that most don't do until much later. Nate is learning a ton and is even introducing himself to patients as "Dr. Sharp" without much hesitation! Nate is also training for his first marathon! He is going to be doing the Dallas Marathon at the beginning of December. I suggested that we all go down and stay in a hotel the night before and he countered with the suggestion that I stay here and he goes to the hotel and actually gets some sleep. WHAT?! Are you telling me you wouldn't sleep well with four little kids in your room with you? I am excited to see how he does, though. I know he'll do great because he never has to try too hard at anything to do great!
ME:
As for me, I'm just counting down the days until *Skylar or Myla* is born in 7 weeks (names are subject to change). I am growing uncomfortable and can't breathe well, but at the same time am TERRIFIED of having another newborn. I know I wanted my last two close, but now that it is actually coming, I don't think I knew what I was doing! There is no way Griffin is going to understand that "I have to go nurse the baby so go play by yourself for 40 minutes!" I am starting to panic. He is also such a mama's boy that I am worried how that is going to. PLUS, I am freaking out about my C-Section. I know I have had it three times and it always has gone (relatively) well, but I HATE having to get the spinal in. When you aren't having contractions to compel you to get a giant needle stuck in your back to take away the pain, its a lot more scary! You just sit/lay there while they prod and poke you and you stare off trying to think of ANYTHING else. Lovely. Really looking forward to it. Other than these irrational fears, the pregnancy is going great. I've gained the least amount of weight so far with any of my babies. I have only put on 2.5 lbs since moving here. I guess that's what you get when you don't have food stamps anymore and your budget is less than half of what it used to be! But, that just means less weight for me to lose. Which is great because I actually have to lose all of the weight from all four kids this time around!
Other than that, nothing is really new with me. I don't love but don't hate Oklahoma. Its fine for what it is during residency. I just miss some trees or hills or anything to look at! I also miss having friends, going to parks, my book club, my crafting buddies, etc. I know it will come with time. I love my kids to death, but I really need to hang out with someone besides them every once in a while!
Alright, this is a long post with no pictures, so I'll end it now.
9 comments:
Three words...I MISS YOU!
you are so cute, i love to read whats going on. oh, my new vote is for Myla, way cute. thats awesome that nate is going to do a marathon, he will do great. i cant believe he even has any time to train. you will have to do one next year. training for my triathlon got all my baby weight off(unfortunately it doesn't look the same!) i miss you and wish you were here.
We miss you and your cute little family!
I'm worried for when our time is up here. It seems to be an adjustment for everyone. Teegan's kindergarten teacher is Mrs. Ribler. I was thrilled to get her. When we went into the classroom I noticed the cute cupboard with vinyl and it had your name all over it. When I asked her about it..she said that you made it and that she missed you and Trey! You guys are loved!!
I am the room parent..so if you have any advice, please send it my way. :)
Moves are sometimes hard, I know. And one day, when you all are ready to move away from Oklahaoma, it'll be hard to say goodbye then, for sure. Hang in there, honey!
Joe applied to Oklahoma. I am coming around to the idea, even though I don't think geographically it is my cup of tea. But, I think I would rather live by you while Joe is never home than trees or mountains.
lauriann, that's good because there are no trees or mountains fo sheezy!
-nate
Thanks for the update. It was fun to read how your little family is doing. Glad the kids are doing good and it makes me laugh that Griffin is getting to be a little rascal too, Baylor is just started to throw himself on the ground for fits, and it makes me laugh. I am excited for you that your little girl is almost here too. I'm sure everything will go well with the delivery. It's always nerve wracking I'm sure. That is awesome that Nate is doing the Marathon too! When I lived in Dallas, Tx for a year I worked at the Cooper Fitness Center, and ran the White Rock Marathon ( did only 1/2 Marathon). It was a lot of work but really fun :) Good luck to him on that. Hope you all continue to do well, miss ya lady!
oh can i just say dito to your last part about loving your kids but missing your friends! it has really hit me lately and i miss the chelsea life style sooo much! only 2.5 lbs?! lucky girl! oh and don't worry bout the kiddies being so close- i seriously think it's easier having them close than far. when they are older and understand they are being neglected they are more dramatic i think. plus with griff being so young he will still take good naps for you giving you a much needed break right?! anyway, don't worry you can do it!!
I can't believe #4 will be here soon. Can't wait to see pics! Your kids are just the cutest. And you'll do great! You're my mama idol, seriously! New friends will come with time too. I'm just now getting adjusted to life in St. Louis...don't love it as much as VA, but I don't think anything will ever compare to the awesome life we all had there! Miss you and lovin' all the craft updates!
Post a Comment