Monday, November 21, 2011

Emery Marie

Just a few of our "playing around" pics of Emery to hold you over till I get a post up about all of our visitors/help we've had around here the last two weeks! Isn't she cute?! (the answer is: yes.) And it's a good thing, too, since I forgot how much newborns cry and don't sleep when you want them too!


We have yet to get a good session in because she does not sleep well unless someone is holding her or it is the most inopportune time! Hopefully we can get some good ones in this week before she gets any older. I am afraid I may have missed the Percocet-induced sleepiness of the first week. I just was NOT up to trying to take pictures and moving all around like that. If anyone (like my photography friends out there) have any hints, I will GLADLY take any and all suggestions!

And these last two were from this afternoon. She is just so cute bundled up on the couch with her crazy hair! Love that girl. Plus, Nate thinks she looks super goofy with her eyes open, so I wanted to document it!

7 comments:

Alicia said...

She is too cute! If you have a space heater, get the room really warm, and swaddle her if you have to for the pictures. Also the angle at which you take the picture can make it seem like she's doing something totally different than she is. Wish I was there to help! :)

Rucker Family said...

What a cutie! Love her hair! ;) Good luck getting more pics and sleep. Congrats again!

Larry and Janice said...

Oooh, I'm missing holding that little doll! She'll be all grown up before I see her again in a couple of months, darn it!

Furniss Family said...

She is so adorable you guys!! I love that yellow blonde hair :) Love the pics! Hope you get some sleep Alyson :)

melynda said...

she is so dang cute! i think she looks the most like griff, with blonder hair. i hope you had a good holiday, love you.

melynda said...

btw... we sold our house and are moving out this weekend/week. moving sucks!!!

Sara said...

great pics!! she is so sweet!!! congrats!:)...and were you just teasing me saying that 4 is not so bad since the babes sleep so much?...cuz it sounds like there is not much sleepin' going on!:)