We still haven't landed on a name but have a few we are taking to the hospital. My mom flies in tomorrow and will be here to help with the kids and with me for a while. I am so excited! After she leaves, Nate's mom is coming to help as well. Aren't I so lucky to have the greatest moms?! The kids are SO excited for the company and attention. They also can't wait to meet their new little sister! And when I say "they", I mean Treyton and Jayci. I think Griffey is going to have a really hard time with it. He is such a mama's boy that I am pretty sure there are going to be fists a-flying. Even the time I will be at the hospital is going to stress him out. I love that little boy. It will definitely be an interesting/exhausting first couple of months. Alright, this post is long and not wonderfully thought out or written. I will just leave you with the completed baby girl quilt that I finally finished (after having to unstitch MULTIPLE times!) today.
This is pre-wash. I was planning on machine-stippling it, but my machine kept freaking out on me and after hours of unpicking, I decided to go with this instead:
This is post-wash. I love how crinkly it gets and quilty after the wash. Oh, and it smells SO good. I have always really been into smells, but pregnancy pushes me over. I LOVE the laundry smell, rubber, tires, tennis balls, our treadmill running, etc. Yum!
And, again, the back of the washed goodness.
Alright. So, I am out now. We will be posting on Saturday, depending on how I feel after surgery Friday evening, to show off our newest addition. And I promise to be super excited and in love by then!
12 comments:
Oooh! Love that quilt.
Best of luck with getting your baby girl here! We're so SO happy for you.
I love the crinkly fabric. I am with you on the anticipation for a baby, I really liked feeling her kick inside
oh and good luck with the csection
Good luck! I know what you mean. I don't really get excited for the baby until they are here. The up all night/breastfeeding/diaper changes seem daunting. Luckily once they come, babies are much more appealing. And there is something to be said for NOT being pregnant anymore.
Holy Chickens, I will just be excited for you. I love waiting on a baby. Hope everything goes smoothly for you. And Griffey. That quilt is adorable. You have skills sister.
Beautiful blanket and good luck- you're almost there! Hope everything goes smoothly, can't wait to see pictures!
I love that quilt. The square pattern seems like it would be super hard to do. Did you have to draw on your pattern and trace it with your sewing machine? Good luck on Friday! Can't wait to see pictures.
Another beautiful quilt, A! You did a great job. I will be keeping all of you in my prayers and thoughts as you bring this new little girl into the world. I hope that everything will go smoothly and that you all can adjust to your new normal soon. Watching you go through it is like a foreshadowing into my own life...I think that Maddox is going to have a hard time too since he's such a mamas boy. Maybe they'll surprise us!!
You are so talented making those quilts! I can't wait to hear about this little chica! Good luck girl!
ohh your amazing! That quilt is beautiful! I wish I had half your talent! I can't wait to see pics of your new little girl! Good luck with everything!
How exciting! Can't wait to see pics of your new little cutie! LOVE the quilt too! You are SO talented, seriously. Love all the costumes too! The tutu rocks :)
you are really so good at those guilts, i need one!! i am so happy for you guys, i cant wait to see a picture of her. i am glad everything went well, love you.
Post a Comment