Friday:
We went to the OKC Zoo with the Putnams. It is such a great zoo. Seriously amazing! Sadly, I didn't know I had switched my auto-focus off and couldn't figure out what was wrong. So, all of my pictures are blurry. But I still wanted to put a few on just so you could get a taste of the fun we had!
Nate would never approve, but the kids wanted to go to the petting zoo. I even let them touch the germ-infested animals! G was obsessed with petting the goats and freaked out when I made him leave.We got home and rested a bit. Then the kids played school for a while while I set up a pumpkin seed craft (which I didn't photograph), and they helped me make Halloween cake balls. Yum.
Saturday:
I honestly can't remember what we did during the day, but we definitely got ready for the ward Halloween Dinner/Carnival/Trunk or Treat that night. The kids were beyond excited.
A close-up of Jayci's cat make-up. She loved it.
That, apparently, is a ninja face!
And yes, we put Griffey in the same costume that both Treyton and Jayci wore, even though all of our friends made fun of us for dressing Treyton like a "girl". We thought we'd take the risk. Nate even tried to "butch it up" with the skull and cross bone baby legs.
Yep, its huge and I love it! She has a cute, wired tail hanging out the back, too.
He was focusing pretty hard on his kick.
And again, just because he is cute. Apparently Nate's plan didn't work because he got called a "she" so many times that night. We just let it go after a while. Maybe its because he has such a pretty face?
Getting ready to eat the amazing soups at the dinner.
After dinner was the carnival/trunk or treat portion. Nate took the kids around while I helped run the Relief Society cupcake walk. I guess the donut kept hitting Jayci in the back of the head, so she resorted to cheating.
Meanwhile, Treyton's string was too short so he had to keep jumping to reach it, hence the face.
And G was a little hesitant about the whole trick or treating portion (it got moved inside because of a crazy storm), but really warmed up to it by the end, even grabbing handfuls out of peoples' bowls!
A close-up of Jayci's cat make-up. She loved it.
That, apparently, is a ninja face!
And yes, we put Griffey in the same costume that both Treyton and Jayci wore, even though all of our friends made fun of us for dressing Treyton like a "girl". We thought we'd take the risk. Nate even tried to "butch it up" with the skull and cross bone baby legs.
Yep, its huge and I love it! She has a cute, wired tail hanging out the back, too.
He was focusing pretty hard on his kick.
And again, just because he is cute. Apparently Nate's plan didn't work because he got called a "she" so many times that night. We just let it go after a while. Maybe its because he has such a pretty face?
And G was a little hesitant about the whole trick or treating portion (it got moved inside because of a crazy storm), but really warmed up to it by the end, even grabbing handfuls out of peoples' bowls!All in all, it was a great little break for the kids from school and for me to do some more kid-focused activities and crafts. I was grateful for the chance since I know this baby coming in 11 days is really going to throw everything off for a while. I also was just grateful for the chance to spend time with the kids and as a family. I have had two friends who have recently gone through some heartbreaking losses (one losing her little sister to a battle with CF and the other losing her 1 year old son) and it has made me not only more grateful for the time I get with my kids and Nate, but it has made me really try to be more patient and make the most out of my time.
4 comments:
I like that nate tried to butch it up...haha.
I can't believe you are having a baby that soon. I am so excited for you!!
ok the costumes are so dang cute, i love those dresses. what a fun halloween party.
i cant wait to hear about the baby, she will be hear before you know it! and happy early birthday, love you!
Cute costumes and I just want to squish Griffin, he is so adorable! Sometimes when I look at the pictures quick it looks just like Jaycee, wow! Sounds like a busy day, but worth it all. I agree that when you realize how blessed you are in others losses, makes you appreciate your family even more!
Oh my! How is it that I have the cutest Nieces and Nephews on the planet! I LOOOOVE jayci's Dress!
Post a Comment