Friday, August 22, 2008

I've Got...Double Vision

Anyone remember that song? Anyways, when we lost Jayci's duckie in Nauvoo, I thought it was all over. After a couple of days of panicking, my mom sent me some materials to make a new one for her. She didn't notice the trade. However, confusion set in when the missionaries in Nauvoo sent orginial duckie back and voila...she had two!! Great, I thought. Perfect. Now we can make a trade and wash them more often. And there is always a back up. Boy, was I wrong! After the initial confusion wore off, Jayci was SO excited. She grabbed both duckies, started laughing and smiling and banging them together so they both rattled. She has yet to let go of either of them. She sleeps with two clutched in her tiny hands. She goes to the gym childcare watch with two and doesn't let go the whole time to play with other toys. She digs in the dirt with them (yes, really). She even eats with them. Pictures to prove:

She puts them both in one hand so she has a free one to eat with!


She has also this past week started saying "prayers". This is her prayer face. She mimicks us when we are peeking out to see if she and Treyton aren't doing anything mischevious in the few seconds it takes to say a prayer (hey, it happens).


And Treyton is really into treasure maps right now. So I make a couple for him a day and he takes them outside and pretends to look for treasure, loses the map, and I make more. It's pretty cute to see him searching outside, trying to figure out how the map matches up!

7 comments:

Luke and Niki said...

You have very talented kids! THose faces they make are classic!

SOooo I heard that Twlight the movie is coming out early at Thanksgiving time!!! We need to see it together!!!

Cam and Josie said...

I LOVE IT!!! Your adorable kids make me laugh. I can just see Treyton digging for treasure--and the whole duck situation--TOO CUTE! : ]

Linda said...

Great updates!!! You did a great job on making another Duckie. Your maps look awesome too. You must have paid really close attention at girls camp during compass practice!! Love ya tons and miss you ALL.

Anonymous said...

Hilarious! So much for the "Duckie Solution!" And Treyton's maps - awesome! I'd LOVE to see him looking for treasure! Miss you guys! Love, Mom Woody

Nicole said...

treasure maps...what a great idea. seriously...very creative. I think those would be a hit with any boy. I just may copy that idea!

The Pates said...

I can't believe how big she is getting.... and Trey too.. He looks like a little man! I miss u guys so much! Now Trey can look at Alyssa's new pics since I started my own blog! Miss ya'll!

Tory said...

I am so pumped you found our blog and left me a comment! Congratulations on the super adorable kids! We will have to stay in touch better from here on out.