Jayci has started to forgo a couple of naps a week. However, she is still SO tired that she passes out on the front room floor! This time she was asleep for over two hours.
On Saturday, Nate took the kids to their monthly craft at Home Depot and then to McDonald's. Earlier that day, we had gone for a drive. I had been craving a slurpee and hadn't had one in years, so we stopped by a 7-11. The kids had never had one and Nate made fun of me that I wanted pictures of their first slurpee.

Jayci wouldn't take the straw out!

Yes, aren' t we cute.
Lake Anna Camping
Some friends organized a Labor Day camping trip to Lake Anna State Park. It was so much fun! We had fun with TONS of rocks, sticks, exploring, talking, going on trails, walking down to the beach, and just hanging out. Here are the pics, in no particular order:

Getting ready to chop some wood for our fire.

I took a picture of myself in the woods since I figured no one else would!

The first night we walked down to the beach just to see it. The next day we actually went down to swim and play.

Some of the friends we went with.

Treyton was loving having other boys to play with, especially younger boys he could coax into paying anything he wanted.

Smores!

The best part of camping!

Whit's sticky fingers.

He stops whatever he is doing to take a picture. He is such a cheezer.

Hanging out after some of the kids "went down".

The kids singing "snapped that monkey right out of that tree". Took about another hour and a half for them to actually go to sleep.

Playing Rummikub in the morning.

She is a poser, too.

Doug and Jayci hanging out in the water on the "hike".

How cute is that? Jayci and Teegan.
We had such a fun weekend. I love camping!
7 comments:
High fives for camping! So glad we were site buddies. :)
How fun! We've NEVER been camping together, let alone with the kiddos.
We liked camping with you guys, also, jayci would make a perfect slurpee model (as per rich).
Looks so fun and I'm glad you got a picture of you in the Alyson. All of you look great the children look like they are lovin' life. Camping is nice because it's always there and can be a fairly in expensive way to get away. Love ya tons!
First of all. I LOVE Jayci's hair in the slurpie picture. Second. I wish we were there and could have gone camping with you! I have been wanting to go camping lately. It looks like you all had a great time.
Yea! Such a fun weekend! I know I've said it a million times, but I'm so glad that you guys came camping with us! Also, I love Jayci's hair in a ponytail! I've never seen it pulled back before. Super cute!
That last picture is SO cute! I think your camping trip looks really fun! I miss summer already!
Post a Comment