Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Oliver, Hand Stands, and the Owl


This past Friday we let the kids stay up late. We got out blankets, pillows, Oliver and Company, and chocolATE popcorn. It was actually pretty fun! Jayci was a handful because she doesn't watch more than ten minutes, but Treyton LOVED it. It was pretty cute.

Treyton has been practicing his hand stands. He is crazy! I swear he is going to break a bone soon. It's about time. I have been waiting for it for over four years.

Okay, yes, I realize how lame I am, but I am posting it anyways because I just think it is so cute. I made these for a friend's baby shower yesterday. She is having a boy. I made a taggy owl toy and three matching burp cloths. They turned out so well! I saw the owl idea on littlenannygoat.blogspot.com. The burp cloths are lined with terry cloth. I can't wait to make my own. I wanted to keep them!





12 comments:

Kristi said...

How Fun! I wish I could have been there for movie night! I loved the owl taggey! Such a great Idea!
Good job trey your hand stand is awesome!

Mandi said...

Okay...I pretty much LOVE IT! You are so great with this kind of stuff. And how do you just stumble upon these blogs to find these things? I feel like I need to find a cool project too, so I can keep up with you creatively :)

Furniss Family said...

Very cute baby stuff :) We love movie night at home too, with yummy food! It's so nice and relaxing.

Sara said...

Are you kidding?! that owl is thee cutest thing ever! I saw a cute rag tag that I wanted to make for Hannah... but then I remembered i don't sew!:) That 's what moms are for i guess:) You are so cute and crafty that owl is to die for and i love the burp rags!!! You have got to teach me your ways!

The Conders said...

Hey Alyson! I found your blog and just wanted to say hi! I didn't know you were expecting- congrats! How fun. What little cuties you have. And look at how crafty you are!

Joe said...

Tell Trey that I am pretty freaking jealous. I always wanted to be able to do a handstand...I was never coordinated enough until I was too fat to support my weight...way to go kid!!!

Mandi said...

I just wanted to add...Treyton, your handstand is AWESOME! Thomas, Baby Chloe, and I are SOOOO impressed :)

Cameron said...

That is so cute! I love the owl!

Linda said...

Movie night sounds Great and I can't believe that's Trey doing a handstand. You are getting too big buddy. I remember your daddy used to do that too. The owl taggie and burp cloths are really cute. I can't believe how you find these things and just DO them. amazing.

Jessie Lewis said...

I love owls!

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

Awesome job on the owl, Pook. Please remember to make us one when our time comes do.
Nate, holy crap that's a lot of books. And I know you actually went through each one page by page, at least 3-4 times. Wow. Impressive!
And yes, that picture of Jayci is adorable.
Can't wait to see you all this weekend!

Joyelle said...

LOVE the owl toy and burpies!! so stinkin cute! looks like you guys have been having a great time, aren't families great :) ps you look SOOOO super cute, lil mama :)