Monday, March 8, 2010

Blessings

We were lucky enough to bless our little Griffin in church yesterday. However, the congregation was not lucky enough to escape THREE baby blessings in a row: Griffin and then the Buehler twins. We only had time for SIX testimonies!The amazing Drydens came over from Buena Vista to be here with us. Deidra was my softball coach in college, Brent is the town dentist, and we absolutely LOVE the family. We are so lucky to have such great friends who would get up so early with FIVE kids and drive to our 9 am church!
There is the handsome man of the hour.
After the great blessing that Nate gave Griffin, we headed back over to our house for lunch and hanging out. Apparently it was a blast, as evident by Todd and Heather.
Ahhh..Look how round that face is! Heather is getting her practice in for their little girl due in 10 weeks!Proud Parents. We love this little boy and can't wait to see him grow up!
Jayci was actually dressed in a really cute dress earlier with her hair fixed. Treyton has taught her to changer her clothes multiple times a day. Fun. But she sure does love her daddy!
Treyton was THRILLED to be taking pictures. Truthfully, it was finally nice weather that he did not want to pose but just wanted to run.
We were so glad that Todd and Heather dropped everything on such short notice to be with us for this. We didn't decide until Thursday to bless Griffin and told Todd and Heather on Friday. We love that we have these guys "close".
Griffin's very first picture with his little baby girl cousin!
And we were SO lucky to have my dad open this weekend to fly on Saturday to be here. He got his share of wrestling and pillow-smothering and Go Fish right when he arrived. And I love this picture! Thank you, Mom, for working for the airlines so we can have you guys fly out at the drop of a hat for us.

It was a great Sunday spent with friends and family all here for Griffin. We feel SO blessed!

13 comments:

Reams Fam said...

How fun to have so many family and friends come to see Griffin! We went to a baby blessing also yesterday for Adam's brother. It was funny that there were 3 blessings in your ward because they also had three blessings that day too! I thought it was crazy that they would have that many but I guess it has to be done sometime!

Janice said...

I sure hated missing this great occasion and all the fun, darn it. But so glad dad could go as well as Todd & Heather and the Drydens! Some pretty darn cute and funny pictures of the event - thanks for sharing! Can't wait to see you in a few days!

Ryan and Jess said...

What a beautiful family!! Little Griffin is a looker. :) Can your Aunt say that Griffin? Sounds like it was a great day. I can't believe how big he is looking already! I wish we were closer to you guys. Jacyi's hair is getting so LONG! We love you guys!

LauriAnn said...

You look so cute; I love your hair and dress! This is why we need to live close so we don't have to miss stuff like this! Also I got the book you sent! Thanks, it was a total surprise, and I am super excited to read it. I have only heard good things!

Jackie said...

Darling! So glad he's all blessed.

Linda said...

That first one I think he looks like Nate. What a beautiful family. We sure miss you guys.

Luke and Niki said...

So sad we couldn't be there! Griff is absolutely the cutest little boy. And you looked gorgeous in that pretty dress!

Joyelle said...

what a great family! love your dress! happy blessing day griffin!!

melynda said...

oh what a good weekend, i wish we could have been there. i still cant believe how much griff looks like jayci, i love it!! and you look stunning, i love your long hair. love you.

pmkennedy said...

Whatta cutie Alyson! I love the pics where you and Nate are all dressed up and the kids have changed their clothes, my kids do that ALL the time! I get so frusterated - but in the end it really doesn't matter - the pics are still priceless! Congrats on Griffins baby blessing - what a special time!

Jessie Lewis said...

Your hair is so long! I love it. I really am growing my hair out and not cutting it once it gets past my shoulders.

Clayton and Heidi said...

Nate! Very cute kids. Good thing they all look like your wife:)

We are living in Logan. surprise, surprise. No matter how hard I try to get out of the valley it just doesn't work out. Clayton had two job offers in Hawaii (he used to live there) a few years ago, but the Lord had other plans for us here in Logan. We bought a house in October and are loving it. I still work at ICON (the devil's workshop) as an administrative assistand and a human testing supervisor...blah, blah, blah. In August we will have been married for 5 years and no kids. The no kids part drives my dad crazy and I love it. That's pretty much what is going on with us. What about you guys? I probably should have sent you an email, but since I was already on your blog and am lazy this is what you get.

Clayton and Heidi said...

Oh yeah and I put your blog on my blog roll...hope that is ok.