Our newest little nephew, Sawyer Joel Woodruff, was born on April 13th. He is so adorable! Okay, so he was induced over three weeks early, due to Diana's gall bladder issues. She had been on semi-bedrest, lortab, and a clear diet for four weeks! Ugh. Sucko. Anyways, Sawyer was born and everything seemed fine. However, after the first ten or so minutes, his little lungs started having problems. Luckily he is doing better now, but for a while, it was pretty scary. He had to be put on a ventilator, have a PICC line, and heavily drugged, with a feeding tube. Poor little guy. After tons of prayer and fasting, he is doing better today. They were able to take the ventilator out and he is breathing all on his own! He will have to stay in the NICU for about 3 weeks, but he is hopefully on the road to a full recovery. I just wish we could be closer to see the little guy. I just LOVE newborns and we are so excited to have a new little cousin! AND they will be moving out to the East Coast this summer, so we are doubly excited!
Isn't that just so sad? He is so adorable. I love little bodies.
The new parents, Diana and Tyson (my brother). They had a scary couple of days, but luckily doing much better. I can't even imagine. Griffin had to stay an extra day in the hospital just for bilirubin levels and I was so stressed and upset. I can't imagine having to go home for three weeks without the baby. But they are great. They know he is in great hands and is just a five minute walk away.
My mom got in today to help out. Look at how great he looks!
Most of the wires are out, so now we can see his super cute face.
Tyson and Sawyer.
Diana and the older brother, Logan, and older sister Alexis. It is really fun that all of our kids are the same age. They just have theirs a tiny bit after I have had mine. How great does Diana look already?!Oh, and on a side note: Does anybody know how to keep from getting a recurrent plugged duct? I get it every couple of days in the exact same place. It hurts so bad!! Any advice? It makes me feel sick if it lasts too long and I am so sick of it.
5 comments:
He is pretty cute! I am glad things are working out. And Diana, even though I don't know you, you look WAY too good for someone who just had a baby. Alyson, I have heard applying heat to the area helps, but I don't know beyond that. Good luck.
Also, I totally love the name Sawyer!
that is so fun to have cousins all the same ages! what a cutie.
*as boobie infection queen- rotate nursing positions, apply heat before nursing (like a warm wash cloth or a heating pad), massage in the shower, make sure it is emptied all the way, and most importantly do not get an abscess. i think that covers it.
I know this may sound crazy, but my mother-in-law swears by it and it worked for me. Apply a warm rag or rice bag (or some kind of heat) for about 10 min or so and then cover it with plastic wrap and leave it on until you nurse. After nursing so the whole thing over for a couple days or until it feels better! Good luck!
I bought a microwavalable heat pad. I used it anytime I felt one coming on. It worked each time. You can borrow it if you want, those are never fun.
Post a Comment