Treyton had his very last day of preschool today. Can you believe it? And to show me that he really IS too old for this stuff, when we got out of the car he said, "Mom, can you give me a kiss and hug here so you won't do it inside where all of my friends can see?" Really, Trey? Not happening. I walked him straight inside and gave him a huge embarrassing kiss and hug in front of everyone. Sorry, bud. You don't get to do that for about five more years.
Anyways, we had a little potluck at the end of the day with all of his classmates, parents, and teachers. Of course, he didn't want to sit by me (sniff, sniff), but he did allow Jayci to sit next to him.
I can't believe he is done. It is so crazy! I am going to miss his sweet innocence. I am excited/nervous to send him to elementary school next year. I hate that he is going to be spending the majority of his days with people other than me and I have no control over what they are saying or teaching him (I am more worried about what his friends are teaching him than the teacher, just for the record). But I know he is so ready for more than I can give him at home right now, ie: endless projects and homework. I love this little boy to death. We are going to miss him like crazy next year! Happy Last Day, Buggy!
1 comment:
Looks like a fun day and you have every right to kiss and hug him right there in front of his friends.
Post a Comment