Thursday, June 3, 2010

Five Months and Silly Bands

Griffin turned five months old over this past weekend. To celebrate, we headed up to DC to meet our new niece, Elliana. She is ADORABLE!!! I am so excited we got to go up, even if it was a short trip. Sadly, I forgot my camera, so no pictures of the cute little addition. Back to Griffey...he is adorable! I can't get over him.
Photobucket
Isn't he cute?!
Okay, so some things about this Griffey:

He got his first tooth this weekend...already! I couldn't believe it.
He still only sleeps about 6 hours at a time at night. How do you think he gets those cheeks? He is such a roller, but normally only rolls onto his stomach.
He is a thumb sucker, which is pretty dang cute.
A lot of times, he is expressionless for strangers. Any of us can get him to smile pretty easily, though.
None of us could love him more!

Onto new things, have any of you seen these?

Photobucket


They are HUGE!! All of the kids in our neighborhood sit around outside in a circle exchanging and trading them. It looks like a Sesame Street drug deal. It's pretty dang funny. It's the first time Treyton has gotten into something "trendy" before. Scary!

And lastly, yesterday we went to the member's only preview of the new Children's Museum addition in Short Pump yesterday. It is geared for 5 and under and is a lot smaller, but it was still fun and a great addition to the stuff over at the other place. All in all, my kids loved it!Photobucket

7 comments:

The Fox Family said...

aww Griffin is so cute!! So are those bands like the new pogs?! lol! It's crazy what becomes "In"

Joyelle said...

they r banned at jax's elem. school... lol we have bags of those things! and griffey is soooooo adorable!! :)

Kristi said...

A tooth? that is crazy! I just saw a thing on the news that said those silly bands can cut off circulation because some kids put so many on! I am sure that is more for the teenagers but yes it is crazy how quickly those became "cool" I think trey should be a trend setter and bring back Pogs! lol

Linda said...

Oh. What a sweet baby boy. I want to hold him and kiss those adorable cheeks. They are ALL growing up way too fast for this Nana.

pmkennedy said...

Wow, looks like fun :)! Trendy bracelets huh, wow, do you remember exchanging jelly bands when you were little?? The cycle goes on and on and on....We would love to get together with you guys, I'll call you, we'll plan something!! Hope you're doing well - take care!

Chelsey said...

Everywhere I go kids are wearing those silly bans. What a crazy fad. Do you remember the slap bracelets from elementary school days? Kind of similar...

The Pates said...

Those bands are annoying. LOL. Alyssa can't get enough of them either! You guys look GREAT! Griffin is getting so big!