Sunday, June 13, 2010

Father's Day Our Way


The kids and I are going to be out of town on Father's Day this year, so we decided to celebrate a week and a day early. Let me just tell you, this was the most fun we have ever had getting ready for a Father's Day.
This year, I thought it would be fun for us all to think of our favorite activity to do with Nate and incorporate that into the day/gift. Treyton told me he loves to go to the movie "fyuter" with Nate. So we went to the theater and bought tickets to go see The Karate Kid. Next, Jayci told me that she loves going to Old McDonald's with Nate to get Happy Meals. So we went and bought a gift certificate there. Griffin "told" me that he loves it when Nate reads him books. So we headed to Barnes and Noble for a gift card so Nate can take Griffey there to choose a book to buy and read to him. I got a sitter for Nate and I to go to Iron Man next week. I also wanted to let Nate know how great of a dad he is and how much I appreciate it by giving him a gift for just himself. So, I set it up with a couple of friends that we would send our husbands to a nice golf course and then out to lunch next Saturday while I am gone. So I went and got a gift certificate for that as well. We added all of the certificates and letters into a little envelope book I made for Nate and gave it to him yesterday. It was SO much fun. The kids were SO excited!

Here is a little overview of our day:

First always comes breakfast in bed.
Photobucket

Then we went and played some soccer with friends, in honor of the World Cup, of course.

We went home and Nate and Jayci got ready for their date to Old McDonald's. Came home, headed to the pool for the first time with Nate. The kids were so excited. After that, a little World Cup viewing. But he only got to watch half because then it was off to see The Karate Kid with Treyton.
Photobucket

The boys came home to a DELICIOUS dinner of Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas from my friend, Jessie's, food blog (seriously one of my new favorite foods). Then we had dessert and relaxed the rest of the night.
Photobucket

It was a busy and really fun day. We LOVE Nate and couldn't ask for a better husband/dad.

- Nate always comes home ready to play with the kids. He seriously never groans or gripes or asks for some time to relax when he gets home. It is so great.
- He is such a hands-on dad. He is always on the floor playing or wrestling.
- I have never seen a boy love and look up to his dad as much as Treyton does.
- And I have never seen a little girl have a daddy wrapped around her finger as much as Jayci does!
- I love watching Nate make Griffin laugh and watch sports together.
-I am SO grateful to have Nate as my partner. He definitely picks up my slack with the kids and I couldn't ask for more! Happy Father's Day, honey!

12 comments:

Kristi said...

That is so fun and such a great ides to let each one of the kids have one on one time with their daddy! We love and miss you guys!

Larry and Janice said...

I have to agree - - you are such a great couple and the family you're creating is just precious! We love you all!

Linda said...

How sweet. Looks like an awesome day and we love your family. You guys always do such fun things for each other. What fun memories.

Luke and Niki said...

What a wonderful fathers day!!!!

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

Great idea for celebrating Father's Day. Good job, Pook!
By the way, did you guys get a new kitchen table?

Mandi said...

This is totally awesome! It sounds like an awesome day. I love the special "dates". That is so cute and such a good idea (you always have good ideas). Good job Nate! From what I have seen, I can attest to the fact that you are an awesome dad. Happy Father's Day to my little brother :0

Jenna said...

so many fun things to celebrate! i think you have more than made up for being absent...you're making the rest of us look bad :)

Beach Hendersons said...

How fun. I feel the same way about Ryan, that when holidays like this one come around, I can't even think of a way to express our love, gratitude and admiration for him.

Thanks for the ideas.

Beach Hendersons said...

How fun. I feel the same way about Ryan, that when holidays like this one come around, I can't even think of a way to express our love, gratitude and admiration for him.

Thanks for the ideas.

Joyelle said...

you are such an awesome family!! :)

Jessie Lewis said...

You make all of us look bad with your fun ideas.

Cherry Blossoms said...

Cute Alyson! You are so creative! We love those enchiladas too...we make them all the time! Miss you guys!