Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Summertime


Summer has officially started at our house, which means the pool is open! I was a little nervous about taking all three kids to the pool by myself, but it hasn't been bad. When Griffin is with me, we stay in the little pool because Jayci still likes me to hold her in the big pool and it is hard to hold both. When the kids have repetitively asked to go to the big pool and I finally give in, we put Griffey in his stroller, wheel him where he can see, put the brakes on, and go for it. It has worked out well. By the end of the summer, though, I bet he will be so sick of it.

Griffin has started eating solids! As with anything he does in our house, the kids surrounded him like he was a circus animal performing a trick. Poor guy. At least we know they love him!

Griffey has also recently discovered he can snuggle. He just rests his head and relaxes for a bit.
Then there is this swim outfit, which is just adorable. Seriously. Shrink anything down to baby size and I just can't resist.
The kids and I have planned some fun crafts/activities for the summer. We actually typed up and printed a list of all of the fun things we want to do this summer. Yesterday we checked off making peanut butter playdough.
Treyton loved it and was really good about only eating a little bit.
Griff assumed his usual position while we do most anything in the kitchen.
Part way through playing, Jayci hops off of her chair and just started playing with her reflection in the trash compactor. She stayed there for quite a while. It was pretty hilarious. She was making faces, fixing her hair, and whispering. Cute weirdo.
Oh, and it is no longer Jayci. This week, her name has been "Anastasia", just in case you have need to talk to her.

4 comments:

Janice said...

Seriously - you're such a good mom, Alyson. The summer "to do" list exceeds any myth about me, just so ya know! We miss your adorable kids - excited to see you ALL next weekend! Love, Mom

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

We were so glad you guys could come up and visit. And eventually I will post pics from when you guys were all here.

Also, I love the summertime pics. We'll have to go swimming next time we come down to visit. How's the new place, by the way?

And I would nip that silly bands black market in the bud before it becomes too late. It all starts off with silly bands, and then M&Ms, and the the hard stuff, like pixie sticks and licorice. Before you know ... caffeinated drinks, and then it's all over.

Joyelle said...

too stinkin cute, alyson!! they are such gorgeous kids!! :)

aSHleY said...

You really arent't kidding about the kids loving on Griffin. They are all so sweet to each other, I love to watch your kids interact together.