Sunday, December 5, 2010

Tis the Season

I love Christmas time. This past weekend, we finally got around to getting a Christmas tree (Nate was interviewing and out of town). I love Christmas with kids. Everything about it is so magical to them. It makes it so much fun (although a bit annoying because they JUST CAN'T CALM DOWN!) Before we decorated the tree, the kids got to open their new Christmas jammies. We always do it at the beginning of December so they can wear them almost every night leading up to Christmas. It has been a really fun tradition and they love wearing them!

Oh, and we eat cookies, drink egg nog, and listen to Mitch Miller and the Gang while decorating the tree...hence the chocolate mouths.
Such concentration!
Treyton BEGGED to put the star on top this year. He have it a good try, but then Nate had to take over.
This is the first year we have put on tinsel. We LOVE it. It is so sparkly but without the mess of sparkles, which Nate hates.
Griff missed out on the decorating because he goes to bed early, but we got some shots of him the next morning. He has been great! Not once has he tried to pull anything off of the tree. I probably just jinxed myself.
Griffin playing Santa:


He thinks he is pretty funny!
On Saturday, I got to take the kids to see Tangled! Oh man. We have been counting down to this day for MONTHS. No joke. Jayci has had the Rapunzel dress for months, two Rapunzel dolls, and the Flynn Rider. We absolutely loved it. I even cried....twice.

And on a less fun note, Griffin has his FOUTH ear infection in three months. Luckily, we already have an appointment with an ENT for Friday. But we just can't figure out why he keeps getting them and getting viral and bacterial infections that drain into his ears. Poor little boy. He looks so sad and pathetic. Not to mention in pain. I can't wait to get it taken care of!

12 comments:

Angie said...

oh i LOVED Tangled!!

Christmas is so much funner with kids...

wish the woodruff's and bates could get together and make some candy houses...now that would be an excellent christmas!

LauriAnn said...

Your tree looks cute! The kids have been begging to go to Tangled too. I might have to break my "I-never-pay-full-price-to-take-my-kids-to-a-movie" rule for this one, I have heard it is really good.

Furniss Family said...

I love decorating the Christmas tree and this time of year with the kids, it really is Magical!! We are going to go seeTtangled when we get back from Disney World! I can't wait to see it either. Poor Giffin, I feel so bad for him too. Hope he can get better soon.

Larry and Janice said...

Alyson, now we're on the too quiet side of Christmas - - Enjoy your kids' hyper excitement - it calms down much too quickly (definitely by the time they reach the "cool" pre-teen years). Wish we were there to see it all! Hope Griffey gets better once and for all.

Jenna said...

christmas pj's early are a smart idea- siena ended up wearing hers til april...
hope everything gets sorted out with griffin- that picture of him laughing is so adorable!

Christen said...

Poor Griffey! Hope they figure something out soon. We loved Tangled and we miss you guys!

melynda said...

love the tree, and i think the tinsel is awesome! poor griff, i hope you can find out whats going on. the jammies are adorable, what a cute tradition. miss you.

Linda said...

Thanks again for sharing your festivities. We'll share some here soon. Yeah!!! Nana and Papa are sooo excited. Griffy is so cute. I'm sorry he's still not feeling well. The collage on the wall by the tree looks really cute. I don't think I've seen it before.

Rucker Family said...

Poor little guy! Hope the doc is able to give you answers to help him get feeling better soon. Love the x-mas jammies. We do that too! :) I'm excited to see Tangled with Kylea now that it has gotten such great reviews! Love you guys!

Sara said...

soo fun! We are planning on seeing tangled when we get back from Disney and i can't wait! I love your idea of opening the christmas jammies at the beg on december! they get much more use out of them that way... we might have to change our traditions next year!

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

That's fantastic that you cried in Tangled. Heather and I haven't seen it yet, but tears come easy to Heather's eyes, and if you cried twice, then her shirt might possibly get drenched by her own tears.
The Christmas stuff looks great! Nice work on the tree. The quilt looks good too. You're so fancy with all your crafty things.
Hope you all are feeling well.

Chelsey said...

Happy Christmas! I love the idea of getting your Christmas jammies early....ours are sitting under the tree and I really want to open them. Maybe I'll have to suggest the idea to Tim. :) Your tree looks beautiful!