This past weekend we finally got around to celebrating our littlest one turning ONE with a party! It was a lot of work (most of which was completely unnecessary, but I love going all out!) and a lot of stress, but I loved it. We had PLENTY of friends over in our little apartment. It was fun to catch up with everyone since I feel like I barely see anyone in the winter. And let's face it, that's basically all this party was: a chance to hang out and talk - it's not like Griffin has ANY idea what was going on. In fact, all of the people kind of overloaded him! Anyways, here are the pictures:
The top one has a picture from each month of Griffin's first life. It was fun to see the progression! And the second is kind of self-explanatory. I made it so that it could go in his room as well, since he has a sock monkey(ish) room.

The party favors. I got the idea from Bakerella's cowgirl cookies. And they doubled as cute decor. By the way, it was super fun digging through THREE giant sized m&m bags to get out all of the red and browns. We have SO many extra m&m's now!

The party table without all of the food. I used brown and red candies in glass bowls as decor as well as red, brown, white foods and vintage coca cola bottles.

My friend, Jessie's, blog ahintofhoney.blogspot.com, had a great recipe for coconut cupcakes from the Barefoot Contessa. I seriously am obsessed with these. They are fantastic! The little cupcake toppers had different sayings and pictures on them. I love how these turned out, too.

Here are some of the pictures of all our friends who came:

Griffin with Doug.

Some of the people packed into our front room. Why can't we have more summer birthdays that can be spent OUTside?

Jackie and Addy enjoying the mini-bananas.

Alicia and Wade. They had two little ones running around somewhere.

Marci, Mandi, Josh, and some little ones over in the corner.

Vanessa, Jillayne, and some more littles.

Jenna, Sara, and the back of Hannah's head. Oh, and Tommy's shoulder.

Nick, Tim, Chelsey, and little Mason.

I added this one since it has a full picture of Tommy instead of just a shoulder.
The kids made a disaster out of the kitchen, spraying juice boxes on each other, their food, and the floor. Fun stuff.

Opening the presents got a little crazy with all of the kids there, but that makes it all the more fun, right?


Griffin had seen me working on his quilt and loved playing with it every time. I'm glad he still loved it as much when he opened it!

He was a little annoyed that I was holding that cupcake just out of his reach and taunting him with song.

Griffin really dug into it. There was no hesitation. He acted like he done this a million times!

At least I know he loved it.

Just some of the cute little ones that were at the party. Aren't they all adorable?! I think Griffin was the only one enjoying it.


Just a few fun facts about Griffin as a one year old:
1. He loves to play pat-a-cake.
2. He still isn't walking, but loves to cruise around on furniture and climbs all of the way up the stairs.
3. He loves to say "no no no" as he does things he knows he shouldn't do. Its pretty funny.
4. He loves to say mama and papa, too.
5. He still loves his bathtub time. He could spend hours in it.
6. He loves to play on the dishwasher as I load/unload it, throwing all of the utensils on the floor.
7. He has found his appetite again, but throws anything off his table that he doesn't like.
8. He loves to squeal and scream.
9. He LOVES it when we dance for him. He thinks it is pretty funny.
10. He actually deals really well with his second mom, Jayci, who still is always touching him, hugging him, pulling him, laying on top of him, etc.
11. And he still has the BEST "bedroom eyes".
We seriously LOVE this kid.
14 comments:
That is such a cute party! I cannot imagine how much time you spent making everything and it all turned out so cute (I am getting repetitive, but I can't help it). I am totally jealous of how fun you make everything.
You sure know how to throw a party! Everything looked great, and the birthday boy with his sweet little bedroom eyes couldn't have been cuter.
Oh Alyson you never cease to amaze me...what an incredible party!!!
soo cute! This has got me all excited for Lucy's first birthday. I have already been planning and buying all the valentines candy..perfect time to get pink candy. Anyway..isn't it true it's just in a way "fun" to stress about it and go all out. You are amazing. And Griffy is adorable!
Cute pictures, it was such a great party! I can't believe all the things you do for Griffin, especially being up all night in the freezing weather that day too! You are a superwoman or something :) Griffin is sooo darling and it was so fun to celebrate his Birthday with all of you :)
Alyson, the quilt turned out amazing!! I love his name on the edge too. And the favors? SO cute! Great job and happy birthday Griffin!
So cute!! I love the whole theme and everything!! I'll have to get pointers from you when I'm throwing Benson his first birthday party! Everything looked adorable!
Wow - seriously amazing amount of work - and it's all so awesome - Great job!!! Wish we could've been there! We love that cute little 1 yr old guy!
Your party really was adorable. I am excited to have the monkey cookies...but am saving them for a special occasion since the jar is too cute to open right now. :) Happy, happy birthday to Griff!
another impressive party, alyson. what a great way to celebrate such a cutie!
so cute, every. single. thing!!!! hes so adorable xoxo
It looks like so much fun and the cupcakes sound delicious. I think the recipe should be posted on our family website. The garland of pictures is a great idea and looks so fun.
so cute! that was so much fun- you sure know how to throw a party! i love the pics of the babes... funny i think that is the most i saw him smile all night...ladies man huh?!
p.s. i just went to post this and noticed jackie and i said the same thing...so it must really be true!
Seriously, that's why we call you the "Craft Queen"! What an amazing party! Happy belated b-day wishes to little Griffin! He's such a cute guy! And what a killer quilt! Love all the decor and favors...seriously! You inspire us all! Love the pic with all the kids on the couch too!
Post a Comment