Monday, August 23, 2010

Animal Kingdom!




Day Two we spend at the Animal Kingdom. Again, SO hot! But what do you expect when you go to Florida in August? That's okay. We still had lots of fun and found ways to keep cool. We started the day with the safari in the Africa section. Treyton was so excited to see an Ocapi. It is his new favorite animal that he learned about from Diego on the way down. It was great for him to see it in real life!



We rode the Kali River Rapids, taking turns going since Griff couldn't. Nate took Treyton and came back SOAKED but stoked. Treyton said it edged out Splash Mountain for his new favorite. Jayci and I went next. She HATES getting water in her eyes, so I knew this was going to be an issue. However, she did SO much better than I thought with water being splashed on us from every direction. We went under the "Tree of Life" to watch a 3-D Bug's Life Movie. {Side note: I pointed to Trey and said "Look, its the Tree of Life!" completely talking about the one like Rafiki is on in The Lion King. Treyton turns to me and says "But how do we reach the fruit at the top? It's too high!". I thought it was the cutest thing. How sweet and innocent that he would think the Tree of Life was at Disney World!"} The movie totally freaked Jayci out. When the lights turn off and it is pitch black and then all this fog comes all in, she kept saying "I want to get out! They're real!" She calmed down a little by the end. Seriously though, it was a little disorienting. I don't blame her for freaking!

Nate was pretty excited to see the tigers since they are his favorite animals.

We took the kids to eat at the biggest Rain Forest Cafe in the world. Treyton had been wanting to go back since we went with Mandi two years ago. It was Nate's first time. I loved it again! Again, Jayci freaked when the animals acted out, but the decor is so awesome. While we were there, Griffin started letting us know he was sick of not taking any naps and sitting in the same sweaty, rained-on stroller the whole time. So we headed back out, watched the parade, and headed home for the day.



We had tons of fun and love the feel of Animal Kingdom. We can't wait to go back!


Day Three!!!
Today was our "day off" that we spent shopping at Downtown Disney, playing in the activities center at our resort, and just hanging out. The kids and I went down to the playground before dinner. There is a net/tarp cover thing that is suppose to keep the hot sun off, but definitely not meant to keep things dry. So, there were TONS of puddles all over the sand. Well, at first I was a little hesitant to let the kids play, but then I figured, "we're on vacation, right?" So, I let them have at it. We started building a sand castle and we were all huddled over the sand right next to this huge puddle. Well, I just couldn't resist. I backed up, ran at it, and jumped as hard as I could and splashed the kids. Needless to say, a full-on sand, mud, and water fight ensued for the next ten minutes. When we finally made our way back home, we looked like a mess! But it was SO fun just to let go and not worry about getting dirty. It was a really fun, relaxing day. Hopefully we will recharge enough to make it through three more Park days! Oh, and Griffin really appreciated the day off. He has become quite the cheezer since we have been here. He no longer freezes in front of the camera, see?! Oh, and how cute are these little squeezy dwarfs that we got for Griffey?

6 comments:

The Fox Family said...

that bugs life movie scares me too Jayci...for real...i hated it! lol. good thinking blogging each day, not so much catch up later!;)

Furniss Family said...

Sounds like so much fun!!! Griffin is changing so much, especially this summer. I love the picture too of you with the kids and the sand, lol. You're hilarious!! See ya when you get back :)

Christen said...

I just want to squeeze Griffey! I love those dwarfs, too - I want some. Seriously, please oh please give me an easy baby boy! I deserve an easy baby, don't you think?!!?!

Linda said...

How fun is that? Love the pics and the commentary. The Animal Kingdom was my favorite when we were there. Did they have the Lion King show with singing and dancing? I loved that. I think it's great that you "took a day off" and just went with things. The sandcastle building and sand fight sounds awesome!!! Griffy is adorable ( but look at his parents and the 2 that came before him!!) Love to all

Hksedwick said...

Ask Nate what kind of adult still has a favorite animal?

I love that you guys had a mud fight and that picture is CLASSIC!

Also, I am quite impressed that you blogged in the middle of your vacation. You are my idol!

Olsens said...

We love Disney World! So glad you guys went. Isn't Florida just AWFUL in the summer! I do not miss that humidity one bit!