Saturday, August 28, 2010

Magic Kingdom - Take 2



We decided to do two days at both the Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom since there was WAY too much to do in one day (or even two). So we made a list of all of the things we wanted to make sure to get in and see again, including Treyton and Jayci's favorite rides: Splash Mountain and Snow White's Scary Adventures. The second trip to Magic Kingdom was just as full as the first and a total blast.

We first wen on the Winnie the Pooh ride, which was Jayci's favorite when we came two years ago. Not so much this time. She has become an even bigger wuss! She hates going in to dark(er) places but LOVES the endings when the doors open at the end of the ride. Treyton loved it, though. He's pretty easy to please.
We then went to Toontown Hall of Fame to meet the Princesses and Fairies. We stood in line for the princess, first. It went pretty fast!
Cinderella:

Aurora (or as the couple behind us in the Fairy line thought: Snow White!):


When we went through the line, Belle was on a break. So they came and found us later and let the kids go in with just her and no one else. She was waiting in the room just for them and they LOVED it. Next we waited in the Fairy line for over an HOUR. It was torture! The line wasn't much longer than the princess one that only took ten minutes, but for some reason, it took FOREVER. But, it was worth it, even if you can't tell from the kids' faces. Jayci's favorite was meeting Tinkerbell. The kids are so excited to meet all of the characters but get SO shy and embarrassed when its time to take the picture. I promise they really did like it.
Fawn, the animal fairy:
Tinkerbell, who was just the best Tink I could have imagined:
And Terence:
While I went to feed Griffey, Nate took the kids on a Goofey roller coaster. There was only two to a seat, so Trey had to sit by himself. Nate said it went really fast and it totally freaked Trey out because he was alone.
Jayci in front of Minnie's pink house:
The kids and I went on the Dumbo ride and Nate waited in line for Peter Pan and Wendy. Well, Nate got to the front before we did, so they tried to stall by taking pictures with just Griffey and then adding Nate.

We still weren't there before their break, though. So, we went and met Mary Poppins and Bert instead.
On the way over to Mickey's Philharmagic, we saw Peter and Wendy coming off of their break. They grabbed the kids hands and marched them straight to the front of the line for pictures.
Us with our 3-D glasses on for Mickey's show. I love this one. It is so cute. And yes, I realize my glasses are crooked and no, I don't know why.
Nate staked out a perfect spot for the parade. There was no one in front of us or on the left where the parade was coming from. we had a straight view! Plus, the kids were on the corner so they got to slap lots of "hands".


Okay, Jafar saw Jayci and that she was a little scared of him. So he came over and towered right over her as close as he could get. She had backed herself up to me as close as she could get and started whimpering. She was so scared. I felt so bad for her, but it was a little funny that he would do it on purpose!
For the last ride of the day, Nate and Treyton went on Thunder Mountain Rail Road, since Jayci wasn't big enough. Nate said it was great. It went super fast and Trey cuddled into Nate the whole time, but he came back loving it.
Before heading out for the day:
I really wanted to see the fireworks, so after I put Griffin to bed, Treyton and I took a special trip back to MK. We went on the Haunted House ride (which I felt like a horrible mother for doing because Treyton kept saying: I don't like this place. I want to leave. and it was a long ride.), then we went on Splash Mountain at night. So fun!!! Last we went on Thunder Mountain, since I didn't get a chance earlier in the day. It is so fun having Treyton be at the age where he can do some of the bigger things with us. We then headed toward the castle to watch the fireworks, which were really great. THey would have been better if we weren't stuck behind a tree and if there weren't wall to wall people where you couldn't even move a foot in either direction. But we did get to see most of the fireworks as well as an English lady fighting with some Americans about not moving. So, all in all, it was a good night.

5 comments:

LauriAnn said...

Wow, you guys are good at having fun. I would be exhausted by now! It all looks so fun. I totally know what you mean, it is nice that we can do more "big kid" stuff now it makes things more fun. And yes, we do need to live near each other!

Anonymous said...

What a perfect week together - and perfect ages for your kids to meet all the Disney characters! Even Nate - - we LOVE Nate's special foto with Wendy and Peter Pan! ;)
This was definitely a vacation to always remember - Thanks for all the fotos! Love, Mom & Dad Woody

Luke and Niki said...

Can i just say how much we love you guys. Alyson you crack me up, no one could have looked sexier than you in those 3d glasses. haha I bet Jayci was in Disney Princess heaven!!! I also love that picture of Griff sleeping next to wendy and pan sleeping. So cute!

Rucker Family said...

What fun trips! Love the pics! :)

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

What a fun vacation! Magic Kingdom as a different Magic when you are there with little ones! SO fun.