Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Busy Bee

I don't know how I have gotten so busy these past few weeks. I don't have a ton of kids, only one of them is in school so I don't have tons of activities to go to, and Nate has been home by 3:30 almost every day on this rotation. But, alas, busy I have been. Not actually doing things that really count, but crafts and projects, etc. So, here is a sampling of my busy-ness:

A quilt for a friend who had a boy, obviously.
Boredom dice. The kids get to roll it and then do whatever it says. They love it!
Valentines blocks.
Another quilt for another friend with a boy. The quilt is basically the same, just different binding.
I found this little nightstand at Goodwill. I just repainted it.
More Valentine's blocks.
Glitter letters.
Self-explanatory.
A painted cupboard and paper rose wreath.
Jayci's valentine's. I forgot to take pictures of Treyton's, I think. Unless I just haven't uploaded them yet, which very well could be.
Rocket onesie for a friend who is having a boy.
Another one for her.
And the burp clothes to go along with it.

There has been another quilt, which is purple and black with accents that is super cute for a friend having a girl, as well as a couple of other things. I just barely made Jayci a dress this morning, which I LOVE. And I haven't made anything for my kids in so long that I forgot how much fun it is!

Oh, and on a tragic note: Jayci chopped part of her hair yesterday. And yes, I cried. We have an appointment to go get it fixed. It will be about shoulder length (it was down to her little bum) and I think it is going to have to cut of all of her beautiful, beautiful curls. We are in mourning at our house.


10 comments:

Alicia said...

Oh no Jayci!!! I think it's a rite of passage for every little girl. My sister did the same thing...hopefully her curls will still be in tact, maybe even curlier since her hair will be shorter?

LauriAnn said...

I love your projects. You have such good taste in things! I need someone to teach me how to sew because everyone seems to be make really cute stuff and I totally lack the ability.

Heather said...

Okay seriously-- you are incredible!!! All those projects look so amazing-- it makes my handmade refridgerator magnets quite pitiable. I would love to learn how to make those blocks someday-- too cute! That wreath was super cool too! Can you just zap me or something and give me 1/2 of your talent- that would be awesome- thanks.

PS sorry about Jayci! I am sure she will still look super cute with shorter hair too!

Jamie said...

My my...you have been busy. It all looks fantastic though. If I ever have money to burn I'm going to hire you as my personal crafter. So SAD about Jayci's hair! I have a friend whose daughter did that right after watching Tangled, did Jayci watch tangled first? Luckily her hair grows pretty fast right?

Lara Vanhille said...

I have said this a million times and I will say it again...it isn't fair that one person should get that much talent!! Seriously can you give me a litte! You are truly amazing!

Fara Putnam said...

Holy Moly Woman.

The Fox Family said...

I agree with Lara, so not fair! You are soo talented! But more impressive you are SO FAST! You get done in a week what I would in a year! And you are super nice to give all those homemade baby gifts...you have the best gifts hands down!

Oh and Jayci's hair- Tragic! I am sorry. At least it will eventually grow back.

Larry and Janice said...

See? I'm not the only one amazed!!

Angie said...

Holy Cow these are all so amazing and sooooo cute!! You are so dang crafty. I am jealous.

Rucker Family said...

Lovin all the craftiness! You are amazing! Hopefully some of the cute curls are still there!