I haven't blogged very consistently lately, hence the following hodgepodge of pictures. Good luck getting through them all!

The purple quilt I told you about last time. I made a hair clip to go along with it (the green thingy).
We had the chance to go to DC last weekend to see Tys, Diana and kids- Todd and Heather had company, so we didn't get to see too much of them. Maybe next time.... And we were lucky enough to make it for Alexis's SIXTH birthday party. Diana did such a great job with the vintage barbie theme.

The kids each got to make their own jewely bracelet. Right up my kids' alley.

Todd, Heather, and Elliana made a stop to say hi. Elli has grown SO much!

The fabulous cake. And let me tell you...it tasted as good as it looked! Seriously good.

The table.

They played pin the earring on the barbie silouette. It was adorable.

The babes. Griffin, Sawyer (who weighs four pounds more than Griff and is four months younger!), and Elliana, who is just a month younger than Sawyer.

Elliana decided she really loved Griffin and just went for it. Doesn't she have the most gorgeous eyes?!

This past week, we tried out a new peanut butter playdough recipe. The kids, of course, loved it. I have to say, though, its not as good as the one I had in kindergarten and have been obsessed with ever since. Thank you, Mrs. Williamson!

Griffin had another double ear infection last week. He is getting so good at laying still while we do his drops.

He has also discovered the art of hair-styling.

As did someone else in our household...I found chunks of Jayci's beautiful hair all over my floor. She found scissors and decided she wanted to try to trim her hair just like mommy does Griffey's.

I may, I MAY, have overreacted with tears and repeating, 'Your curls....your beautiful curls...." Which resulted in the following picture:

She realized what she had done and was super upset about cutting her curls off. So, I made an appointment with my stylist, Cathy, to get it fixed. I knew if I went to Great Clips or something like that, they would just cut it straight across at the shortest part. Cathy would at least try to salvage it and would do a great cut at the same time. Here I am at the salon, saying goodbye to Jayci's curls...We had NEVER cut it before. Not even a trim. I knew it was time. I just wasn't ready.

Getting her first wash. She was soaked by the end because she is just too short.

Cathy showed me how to cut it at home for upkeep so I don't need to bring her in every time. It didn't seem too hard!

Her first blow-dry. And straight, also. She hated the heat, but loved having hair that would magically go curly again when it got wet. Cathy actually ended up making the short part a layer and therefore keeping a lot of the length. Worth every penny. She is a magic worker. Not to mention it was the first time I had been to her new salon that she opened and it is SO amazing.

See? Magically curly again....But not NEARLY as curly as before. Sad day.

Nate graciously agreed to go to Winter Ball with me on Friday night. Tickets were sold on only two occasions and sold out in under a minute both times. You literally had to be waiting on the computer with your finger on the mouse at go time. The Ball is for all professional schools at VCU. It is held in the historic Jefferson Hotel, with great food, fake casino fun, photo booths, candy bars, and dancing! The dancing with the girls is SO much fun. This is the only picture we got of the whole night, besides our photo booth ones. Sad.

And Jayci's bubble of clueless-ness continued when she "colored" our car her with "crystal" (aka, scratched the crap out of it with a rock.) She was so excited to show Nate how pretty it was that it was so hard to get upset with her. But then we remembered that is literally at least a thousand dollars worth of damage (it was across all three panels) and we got upset just fine.

Treyton has his first (semi)loose tooth! So, I had been promising him a tooth pillow to put it in when it falls out. I saw a tutorial last week on thelongthread.com and knew it was the perfect one:

He was so excited. It even has a pocket on the front to put the tooth in. Treyton told me it was so he could write notes to the tooth fairy.

Alright, I think you are basically updated. Hope you made it!
5 comments:
I have another picture to send you from the ball night! I'll do it soon. :)
that really stinks about the car. yikes.
i can't believe jayci's hair had never been cut- despite the tragedy it looks very cute. {judging by cathy's outfit i was there the same day}
You look smokin'! Hope you had fun at the ball. Love the tooth pillow, glad the curls are back, and Oh no! about your car! Crazy updates...love em!
ok first of all, i am so sad that griffy is sick again. that totally sucks, poor kid.
and again i am so sorry about your car and those curls. too sad, i totally would have cried too. if it makes you feel better, linc does crap like that too. he has messed up my keyboard to our expensive desktop. the volume buttons are the only F keys that work and they dont do the volume anymore, nice! why would i ever think he was actually sleeping??
and ps. i love when you post pictures of yourself. you look so beautiful, i miss you.
umm ya you have been BUSY! and Jayci's hair looks so cute! love the tooth pillow, the amazing quilts and the boredom block- great ideas all around!!
Post a Comment