Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Two

Its still a little weird (but nice, too!) to have Treyton gone all day long. I'm a little sad, and so is he, that we go do things without him and that he isn't in nearly as many pictures as he used to be. I guess I will have to make a point of getting him in more and doing more fun things on Saturdays. Its just been so hard since we've been cooped up in the house all winter. I can't wait to get out!

Onto other things...Griffin is now pretty adamant that he feeds himself. As a mother who has to clean up the mess, it is hard to let go! I do let him feed himself every dinner, since I just go throw him in the bath after that. And if it is easy finger-food, no big deal. Other than that, I am constantly swatting his hands away from my spoon!

He is also loving his car thing. He loves it when Treyton and Jayci push him on it. And he is also getting brave enough to take a few steps when it is in the upright position with it. Yes, he is incredibly brave.
And here is our cute Wonder Woman! She was on her way to a superhero birthday party and just looked too cute to resist. It wasn't actually a dress up party, but Jayci heard the words "super hero" and had the perfect excuse to wear a costume. We didn't have the heart to tell her no. I mean, look at her! Could you?

And just a little update about Nate, since he has been kind of MIA from the blogs for a while: He is doing a forensic pathology rotation right now and LOVING it. Seriously. He gets to do autopsies, go to crime scenes, go to the court room, and listen to the presentations on the deaths. He comes home and tells me all about them. And let me tell you, people die in WeIRd ways! But he is loving it, so its fun (and gross) for him to tell me about it. Next up for him is an Acting Intern rotation in Orthopedic surgery. Fun for me....

5 comments:

Mandi said...

Have fun with Griffin's eating skills. Just think - the sooner you turn it over to him, the sooner he will be good enough at it to not make a huge disaster. And OH MY GOODNESS! The wonderwoman costume rocks! I am glad Nate is having fun with his rotations. I am glad he didn't choose general surgery. I have a friend of a friend who is doing that now and EVERY time we see her she is just so tired and doesn't want to do much. That would suck for family life. So "cheers" to a different, more family friendly career choice!

melynda said...

oh, look how precious that little smile is with the spoons. i would totally steal him, if you lived closer!! love the wonder woman costume. linc is having a super hero birthday party and i totally wish she was coming. we miss you guys, i hope you are coming out this year. love you.

Angie said...

I think she should wear that super hero costume everyday!! it looks so dang cute on her.

Rucker Family said...

Omg! Such cute kids! Love the wonder woman costume too. :)

Rucker Family said...

And P.S. that is crazy, interesting and gross about Nate's rotation. I bet you have some great stories for scraps! ;)