Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hero Up!

We finally got around to celebrating Treyton's sixth birthday yesterday...about two months late! That's okay. He REALLY wanted to go see a movie for his birthday, so we had to wait until a time when an okay-looking kids movie was out. Gnomeo and Juliet came out on Friday, so we scheduled his party for Saturday. Because we were doing a 3-D movie, we limited the number of kids he could invite to four. Out of those, only 3 could come, which was just fine with us!
Nate took Treyton, Jayci, Kenny, and Maleke to the movie, which they loved and were really excited about. Then Niccolo met us afterward at our house for the rest of the party.They had tons of fun playing super hero tag (luckily it was 60 degrees outside!), opening presents, eating pizza, having a silly string war, and eating super hero cake! It was a low key party for me, not too much planning involved. I've been insanely busy lately, so this was perfect! The kids had so much fun and that is what counts!

We really love this little weirdo! He is such a sweet and thoughtful little guy.
Here are some random facts about our SIX year old:
1. He is Obsessed with stuffed animals. He takes about twenty to bed every night and can't sleep without them. One night, he got them taken away for not obeying. He was sobbing and said, "I promised them they could do centers in bed tonight..." He was so upset that he had promised his animals something and couldn't follow through. A.dor.a.ble.
2. Heis great at playing with Jayci and normally loves it. They certainly love each other and show it every day with hugs and kisses.
3. He kisses EVERYTHING right now. Literally. He colored a picture for Nate today and kissed every crayon he used. Weird.
4. He loves to read and is getting pretty good at it. His writing is atrocious, but hopefully that will improve as well.
5. He is in karate right now and is definitely the least coordinated and focused out of everyone in the class. He is constantly touching his face, his eyes wander, and he has ZERO balance!
6. He is having surgery this Thursday to get his adenoids taken out. He has serious allergy problems that cause issues breathing, sleeping, and this deep, constant sniffing (if you haven't witnessed this, you can't possibly imagine the annoyance it causes!) that NEVER ends. He does it in the middle of his sentences. It is the most irritating sound I have ever heard. Come to find out, when his ENT tried to scope his nose, he couldn't get up there because of all of the pus (yes, that is gross) due to chronic infections that his daily dosing of zyrtec for his allergies was causing. Ugh. It has been quite the ordeal. But hopefully this surgery will get it all cleared up! He is actually pretty excited about it. He has had a surgery at this center before and knows that he gets to pick out a new beanie baby to take into the OR with him. He can't wait....

Anyways, we definitely LOVE this kid. Even though he is at an age where he is driving me CRAZY, I couldn't imagine my life without him, and I know Nate feels the same.

8 comments:

melynda said...

so fun! we love super heros, what a awesome party. love the cake.
happy birthday T!

Larry and Janice said...

I ADORE this cute little guy! Nothing "weirdo" about him - just the darling offspring of two very unique and darling parents - what do you expect?!!!

Larry and Janice said...

I ADORE this cute little guy! Nothing "weirdo" about Treyton - just the darling offspring of two very darling and unique parents! What do you expect?!!!

Larry and Janice said...

I ADORE this cute little guy! Nothing "weirdo" about Treyton - just the darling offspring of two very darling and unique parents! What do you expect?!!!

Rucker Family said...

How fun! I can't believe he's 6! He is such a cute kid! Love the cake too!

Stacey C. said...

Seriously Alyson, you have the cutest kids (well, other than mine)! I can't believe Treyton is 6, he's a cute kid. Also, I think it's hilarious that your mom posted the same comment 3 times, something my mom would do. Love ya!

Larry and Janice said...

Hey - I didn't mean to post 3 times - - darned, new-fangled technology runs away with me!

Heather said...

So fun! I love seeing your cakes too!