Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Summer Days

Our days have been filled with:

Trying to stay coolER at the spray park.



Having a ridiculously hot picnic on the temple grounds. I guess we are just used to the Washington DC temple, but man, this temple is SMALL! I mean its about the same size as the church across the street. That's okay. Its still beautiful and still does what it is supposed to do!

Griffey started saying "temple" and pointing.

Playing in the sprinklers in the backyard. That was before the drought restrictions and water man break that now don't allow for extra watering.
Jumping on the tramp. The kids LOVE it and Nate is their playmate.
Getting hair caught in said trampoline:
Making firework creations:


Playing computer games on PBSkids where Griff just keeps saying "elmo" over and over.
Making a "post office".
Complete with felt envelopes and stick on, laminated addresses where they can write letters to friends/family, stick them inside, then "address" them.

Watching Richard Scarry's Busy Town in the mornings.
Receiving our long-lost build-a-bears in the mail from my brother Todd and sister-in-law Heather, complete with ransom notes, taped mouths, and tied bodies. I laughed forEVER.

Having late night sleepovers reading to each other and their animals.
Finding new hiding places.

And discovering the joy of climbing!
We had playgroup at Dynamo gym where they have an indoor playground. It was madness with how many kids there were, but they still had lots of fun.



We have been trying to keep busy doing inside stuff and keeping track of Griffey, which has now turned into a full time job! In a couple of days I am going to do a little post about Nate's program and how he's doing, so stay tuned.

4 comments:

Larry and Janice said...

Again - such cute kids - and what fun activities! You're doing a great job keeping them occupied in this awful heat wave. Scary about the dryer, tho - - bad stories about kids hiding there!

Sara said...

wow looks like lots of summer fun- you are sure a fun and creative mom!!! and bummer about habitat- i have a BUNCH of shutters and windows in my garage that i'm sure my hubby would love to give you:) remember tat trip that i went a little shutter/ window crazy?!:)

Rachel said...

Looks like you are doing a good job keeping them entertained. Miss you guys! I especially missed you at book club, I liked Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, however, it seemed I had missed some undertones or something the discussion was very interesting. Your kids are so cute!!!

Alicia said...

Whew! You guys are BUSY! I wish we had a splash park like that close by. The pool gets boring real fast. Miss you guys too!