The kids have today and tomorrow off of school for Fall Break. We started this week off right by carving our pumpkins! We know its early, but the kids were SO excited that we couldn't resist.

Griffin loved to eat the inside. He would say, "ew...yuck." and then shove it in his mouth.




After the pumpkins, Nate had a fun surprise for the kids. He brought home glow sticks from the store for them to take in the bath with lights out. I saw the idea on pinterest but had yet to put it in action. To say it was a hit is a complete understatement!

These were the finished products of the night: Treyon's (carved by me), Nate's, Griffey's (carved by Nate), and Jayci's.

Last night I let them have a movie sleepover in my room. They watched part of Lemonade Mouth and actually fell asleep! Weird. This morning we headed over bright and early to meet the Putnams at the Science Museum.

Griffin is getting old enough to enjoy it a lot more, which means a lot more work for me!

This is his favorite thing there:

Oh, and the trains, of course.

The older ones LOVED the bubble station. It was adorable. All of these things are in a sectioned-off area where moms can take littler ones and the other side has some for the bigger kids where the moms can still see. They even have an awesome nursing room right there with cameras to the outside part so you can watch your older kids. Fabulous.

Griffey and Lily playing together.

We stopped for snacks and the kids separated into boy and girl tables.


Then they played little people on the giant table and chairs.

And onto the "bed of nails". One person has the remote that raises and lowers the nails evenly and lifts the kids up onto it. This was quite the hit.


After we got home and had lunch/nap/quiet times, we did the always fun "volcano" science experiment with baking soda and vinegar. They had an eye dropper and took turns making mini volcanoes all over.

As our last activity for the day, they had been asking to do shaving cream on the door again. I still have yet to fully clean that window, so I wanted to do it in a place that was going to be easier to clean up. The bathroom wall seemed like a perfect spot. It all started out really well. The kids were having tons of fun drawing on the wall:

Then it quickly went downhill!


But, the kids had tons of fun and the clean up was super easy since they were already in the tub and naked. Just hosed them off for about thirty minutes and it was done! It was a very fun/tiring day. Tomorrow we are heading to the zoo and then have some more crafts planned in the afternoon. Saturday will be filled with Nate's long run, a birthday party for Treyton to go to, and our ward Halloween dinner/carnival/trunk or treat. Whew. I'm tired just thinking about it!
8 comments:
You? Tired? Nooo... I don't believe it! You are so fun - your kids better know how good they have it! ;)
Is there anything cool in Amarillo?!
That sounds and looks like tons of fun!! You guys are so creative of thinking of fun things for your kids to do. That day made me tired just reading it and I'm not about to have a baby :) You are such a great and cute mom Alyson! I bet you can't wait to do those things with the new baby someday :) Take care lady and hope you are doing great! Miss ya.
Totally doing the glow stick bathtime!!! Genius!
Lots of fun ideas... though I'm not sure we'll be trying to eat raw pumpkin anytime soon, that's hilarious/kinda gross!
I love reading about all of your day to day fun....it makes me wish we were neighbors so that we could just tag along. I'm trying to decide if I'm brave enough to unleash my kiddos with shaving cream : )
That is awesome, Alyson! The pumpkins were pretty impressive, too. Although that one with only the triangles is kinda pathetic. : ) Just playing.
Cool ideas for the bathtub. That day seemed great, just make sure you can repeat it and add one more activity for when Heather and Elli come! Love ya.
Fun bathtub ideas. Seeing Griffey covered in shaving cream is a huge selling point. What a cutie. It was pretty gross of him to eat pumpkin slop, but his image was saved!
Can I just say how great of parents you both are! You are incredible I love how active in the kids lives you are even though you are super busy! You are two of my heroes! I love you guys and I wish that there were more parents in this world like you! Can you just teach a world class on parenting skills? That would be Great! LOVE YOU
Post a Comment