Obvious to anyone who knows me, I'm a little weird. But in this case, I'm weird because certain things being messy REALLY bothers me...like to the point where I get incredibly stressed out and have a little bit of a freak out, but other things (like my own bathroom) being messy doesn't affect me at all. Maybe its because it is in the back of the house and I know that no one else is going to be going in it. My family would tend to be shocked at this. I wasn't the most organized person growing up...well, not organized in the way they thought I should be. My roommate in college would actually get so annoyed with my pile of laundry that she would do it for me and then fold and put it away! Ha. I guess that comes with being the youngest. And it wasn't for lack of my mom trying. BELIEVE ME. Motherhood, or growing up, or being home all of the time, has definitely changed that. Anyways, I can get a little anal with things being picked up, especially in the front room. I hate having toys out there, even one small car. So, yesterday, I just decided to relax a bit and let Jayci and Griffey do something that I know they would love but would make a mess for me...out of the kitchen. Normally, that's the only place I'm okay with messes. Here is proof that I can let go:

The cute little artists in all of their happy glory:


I would have minded the mess even less had Jayci wanted to do it for more than 7 minutes. Really? All of that clean up for seven minutes?!
And besides a a nice craft room/area in our next house for the kids, I will be needing one as well. I sew a lot and sometimes some of my pins may go missing. Well, Nate has found plenty. Most recently the other night when he put his hand down on our cushion and a pin jabbed him and stuck. Whoops. So, the next day, and keep this in mind that I did this just for Nate, I made this:

A new pincushion! Aren't I such a sweet and thoughtful wife?
Now, when Treyton gets home from school today, we are going to do a fun lollipop/spider craft in the kitchen in a well controlled environment with minimal mess. Can't wait!
3 comments:
Alyson, you seriously make the cutest stuff! Also, I completely understand you about becoming crazy when things get messy. I'm trying to teach myself coping techniques because our apartment is too small to keep messes out of the front room.
Hilarious post! I can totally vouch for the growing up background - you definitely broke out of the Woodruff mold! And it wasn't because I was slacking as a mom - - I'm lovin' seeing this now! Too funny!
Love this! I can handle the mess just send them my way! As for the pins I think its karma for when Nate would set open safety pins up through the carpet as a booby trap.....well karma got him then too because instead of getting aaron it actually got him! Karma continues!
Post a Comment