Sunday, March 22, 2009

Seee Attle!!

That is for you, Julie. Anyways, after Texas the kids and I headed up to visit the Deavers in the heart of Seattle. I had forgotten how much I have missed it and how much it really feels like home to me. It even welcomed us with a rainy day...imagine that! It was SO much fun to play with the Deavers again. Treyton has really missed Madison and they had so much fun together.

It was great to see Hayes getting all big and thinning out! And, of course, hanging out with Joe and LauriAnn is always fun. We did all kinds of fun things.

We went to Woodinville on Monday, which is where I grew up. It is still so gorgeous. We saw my old houses, the high school, ate at Mongolian Grill (my favorite) where our friend Mary Rudd from SVU met us for lunch


Then we went back to her house which is right behind my old Albertson's and played with her little adorable girl, Adele
.

We also went to Woodland Park Zoo and saw animals

and went to the State Park next to Gig Harbor where we went on a little hike down to the beach full of rocks. The kids lOVED it and loved playing and pretending in the woods.


So much fun. I was glad to get home because I was exhausted by the end, but I LOVED every minute of it. And, much to my surprise, my kids were FABULOUS on the plane. I decided to see how it would go with no DVD player much against everyones' advice, but it turned out so great. We have a four hour flight and a five hour flight and they did so great. My kids are awesome!

Oh, and I read These Is My Words while in Seattle. Finished it really quickly and it is now one of my top books ever. I didn't want it to end. It was SO amazing. I fell in love with the characters. I HIGHLY recommend it. It is about a 17 year old girl and her coming of age in the Arizona territories at the turn of the 19th century. Amazing.

9 comments:

Cam & Josie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Luke and Niki said...

Oh I am so jealous I LOVE Mongolian BBQ! I just watched Twilight again, right when you are in Washington....coincidence? I think not!

Coach Lee said...

i've read that one too and also loved it...did you know there's a sequel?

Tom Earl said...

Just had to say HI! I love your family and just wanted you to know that I am keeping track of you!

Jessie Lewis said...

I seriously need to finish a book someday. That's one that I've been meaning to read. I'm jealous of all your traveling.

Angie said...

oh i love seattle too!

Ashley said...

wish we could've made it over to play too! It looks like you guys have a fun time!!

Ashley said...

*had

Ryan and Jess said...

Ok, all of the pictures are cute, but that Mongolian Grill.... best picture. I want Jayci's Plate. Love you guys!!