Sunday, April 5, 2009

Daddy Time

On the first Saturday of every month Home Depot does a little kids craft that you can do for free. Nate has taken Treyton a couple of times and then head over to Treyton's favorite place, "Old MacDonald's" for a Happy Meal. Treyton LOVES it. This past Saturday, Nate decided Jayci was old enough to try it too. It was the cutest thing. I had to go with a friend to the Dental School in the morning at 7 am, so I wasn't home when they left. However, when I got home to find out I was LOCKED OUT of the house by my husband, Fara had to drive me over to Home Depot to get the key. When we went in, I saw my two kids hard at work on their new birdhouses. It was adorable. They were LOVING their Daddy time. I think everybody should make sure to have that kind of time where they get to go on a Daddy date regularly. It was so sweet! Here is proof:


11 comments:

Linda said...

Dada time is an awesome thing. Make sure it continues as they get older whenever possible. I love this family!!!

Hksedwick said...

That is SOOO cute. That will definitely be a must when we have kids.

Jessie Lewis said...

That is adorable. I can't wait until Maddie is old enough to have daddy time.

Alicia said...

Cute! Jaycee was so proud when she got out of the car, she showed me her birdhouse like it was a prize.

Jackie said...

Wow. That is seriously so cute.

Beach Hendersons said...

so adorable. Our dumb home depot doesn't do it w/kids under 5, makes me so mad. But I'm glad your kiddos had a wonderful time.

Luke and Niki said...

Your kids have the BEST facial expressions in every pic they take! LOL

What a good idea for a Daddy date! I cant wait for Luke to do that with our kids!

Hey what weekend are you guys coming?

Larry and Janice said...

Seriously, how wonderful for your little kids to have daddy-dates! I second Linda - - I LOVE this family!!!

Jamie said...

What a great idea! I've seen flyers for that at our Home Depot and wondered about it. I'll have to get Kyle right on that :) By the way Alyson...your hair!!! I was just scrolling down through your blog and catching up, I can't believe how long your hair is! I love it. I wish I could grow mine out. It looks so thick and healthy too.

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

That first pic of Jayci is my favorite. She has the cutest awkward-smile looks. Adorable kids. Bytheway, how was the movie last weekend? Worth seeing twice? : )

Heather said...

So fun- Todd and I both agreed that this will be a must do with our kids! Way to light the path!