
Yesterday I was sitting on the couch reading Poisonwood Bible when Treyton marched in from the kitchen with a piece of paper and a pen and announced, " I want to make some milk and I need you to write down the list of how to do it." It was too cute and he was so serious that I couldn't tell him that you can't MAKE milk (unless you have the powdered variety, which isn't allowed in our house). So I wrote a list:
1. Water
2. A Cow (I tried to be a little truthful)
3. Some Cheese
4. Salt
So back to the kitchen he went, added all of the ingredients by himself, even shaking his fake cow over the top of it, and then put it in the fridge to "set up". Every fifteen minutes of so he would go check on it. One of the times when he was between checks and playing in the front room, I went and dumped out his concoction and replaced it with some skim milk. When he went to go check, he was SO excited that the recipe worked! It was so funny. He asked me to pour each of us some of his milk for dinner and told Nate first thing when he came home that he had made milk all by himself today. What a cute little boy!! I don't ever want him to grow up so that he knows better. I love the magic and believing that kids see in everything.
10 comments:
That is ridiculously cute!
that is soooo cute! I can't wait for Britton to be at that age!
That is so cute!! LOL I love it!
What a fun story! I love that he even shook his cow over it :)
haha...I love that. Way to keep the dream alive Alyson.
That is awesome. You have to love the simple view of the world that kids have. :)
That is just too adoreable!!! Little minds are amazing! It'll be fun to see what's in the future!
That is adorable.
YOu're a precious mom. He's a precious son. Precious...Precious ...Precious.
Oh how cute! Papa will have to explain to him some day where milk comes from. Maybe we can arrange some kind of dairy tour while you're here. What a fun thing for you to do. I'm so grateful that you are able to stay home with these two precious little ones. This moment couldn't have happened if you weren't there. I love you all.
Post a Comment