Thursday, May 7, 2009

Fake Birthday

Since Treyton's birthday is just three days after Christmas, we wait to have his friend party until a little later. This year, all year, Treyton has been set on having a Land Before Time birthday party. He was pretty excited. We decided to keep the numbers smaller than last year when we had about 14 3 year olds in our tiny house. It was crazy. This year was much more manageable!

Here are the kids lined up for T-Rex Roars.


Trying to sneak up on the T-Rex without being heard.


Making "fossils" with clay and dinosaurs.



Playing "Cera's Tail". It did not go well. It is supposed to be an outside game, but because of all of the mud we had to move it inside.

Nate had them all enthralled with his game of Sharp Tooth Says. The kids loved it.



The best part of the party. However, this thing was like a rock. No one could break it. I am pretty sure the kids all had about six turns!


The volcano cake with Land Before Time characters. Jayci told me it was "cute".

About five minutes before parents came we put on Treyton's new Land Before Time movie that he got to try to calm them all down. They immediately zoned in when the songs came on. It was pretty cute.

All in all, the party was a success. The hardest part was trying to convince Treyton that it was NOT his real birthday and that he was not turning five. He is a little confused. Thanks for everyone who came and thanks for all of the gifts. Jayci has already claimed them all as her own!

7 comments:

melynda said...

what a cute idea, how fun, i love all the cute cakes you make. costco is now my official cake maker!

yay 2 days and i get to see you. and the best part is we get to hang out for 5 days, not just a few hours!! love ya

Jessie Lewis said...

You are such a creative mom. Maddie's first birthday is this month, and we're doing Elmo themed. I wish you lived here so you could party plan for me.

Joyelle said...

super cute!

Larry and Janice said...

Cute, cute! You do a great job on your parties - and the kids are so cute - such sweet ages! Treyton's aging every six months? Funny! Love you guys!

Mandi said...

I am glad that your cake was deemed "cute". That is so funny! It looks like you guys had a great time. Good thinking on the less than 30 kids in the house bit. We miss you soooo much!!

Luke and Niki said...

I love it! You are so creative! I am sad we werent able to go to his fake birthday this year. Miss you guys!

Ryan and Jess said...

What a fun idea! I bet he was so excited. I love the cake too... it looks like a better party than any "real" party I've put on. Way to mix up life a little!