We haven't been up to too much around here lately. I am still just trying to get into the routine of taking/picking Treyton up from the bus stop, taking/picking up Jayci from preschool, working in Griffin's naps in between both of those, and still being able to run errands. It's a bit tricky, but I am getting more used to it now. I do feel like I have more time I have to be at home, so I get more done.
Other than that, we are just waiting to hear about Nate's interviews. He has received two so far: University of Florida and University of Oklahoma. We are excited about both of those since we have friends in both places. We should be hearing back from more schools in the next couple of weeks. Nate just got his scores back yesterday from his Step 2 Boards that he took over the summer. He did Great! Much better than the first (although those still weren't bad). So he is pretty happy with them which is a nice change from last time!
I have just been doing things around the house, doing the usual craft things I have on my list, reading lots (I recently read The Sheen on the Silk which was fantastic) and watching Psych with Nate.
So, not too much new. But here are a few pictures to hold you over until I put up a post next week (after his doctor's appointment) about Griffin's 9 month birthday! Man times flies.

Griffin is finally get his front top teeth in. It has not been a fun teething experience. He is normally the best baby, but now he cries at night, has a fever, and the worst diapers just about every two hours.

But he is still cute. And Jayci is still weirdly obsessed. See her mouth? That is her intense face she makes whenever she is playing or talking to Griffey. She grinds her teeth together and they sound like they are going to break. We are constantly yelling "teeth" at her to remind her, but she keeps doing it. Any suggestions?


I made a couple of fun Halloween decorations for my Visiting Teaching people. I think they turned out pretty cute. Man, I love my cricut.

Our friends, the Sanfords, adopted the most adorable little baby, Mason. I had been eyeing this fabric for a while and finally had an excuse to buy it! I think the quilt turned out pretty cute. I machine sewed the front squares, hand-quilted the front and back peices together, and hand-did the binding. My fingers were sore for the next three days, no joke.

And I just thought this was kinda funny. He just crawled himself over to the corner and sat facing the wall. Griffey, you will be in plenty of time-outs int he future. No need to start them already!
6 comments:
i totally clenched my teeth all the time when i was young, i still find myself doing it sometimes. lincoln does it too, no wonder he bites right??!!
dont you remember you are going to move closer to us? florida, although fun is still very far away! and oklahoma has a school but utah doesnt, wtf?
I totally love that picture of Griffin against the wall. I also LOVE your Halloween crafts, I wish you were my visiting teacher.
We LOVE the quilt! Thanks for all of your hard work! I hope your fingers have recovered. :)
I am always amazed and surprised at your sewing projects, Alyson. Are you SURE you're the same girl who REFUSED to do anything domestic all those years growing up?!! Both you and Sarena have far surpassed me with your creativity and talents - - Yea! We're excited to see where the future will take you guys - - congrats, Nate, on doing so well so far in your career!
Love all the crafts! You are the ultimate craft queen!
P.S. I wouldn't worry too much about the teeth grinding thing...from what I've heard, it's not really too much of a problem for kids. And congrats to Nate...exciting news!
Post a Comment