Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Unbelievable...




Treyton started his FIRST DAY of Elementary school today. INSANE!! I still remember when he looked like this:
I got up early (after my late night getting home from a girl's weekend trip to NYC!!! more to come on that later) to help Treyton get all ready for school. We packed his lunch, his snack, his water bottle. Checked the weather to help pick out his clothes, ate breakfast, played with Jayci for the last time in the morning, and headed out the door. He is SO excited and not nervous at all. He loves to read words on everything he finds, loves to do projects and coloring, and is very social with his friends. He is really ready. I, however, am not sure I am. It is all day kindergarten. He leaves at 7:11 am and gets home at 2:45. Long day. Here are some of him right before school. I let him choose his clothes since the one we had picked out before was going to be too warm for him.

He looks so old!! I am so excited about his teacher, Mrs. Ribler. We got to meet her last week and I think she is going to be really fun. She is young and spunky and I think Treyton will just love her.
Jayci, Griffin, and I drove Treyton to school for his first day, so I could get him all settled in his class and make sure he was going to be okay.
His desk is at the front of the class and he was so excited to be sitting close to the teacher. He wanted to make something for his teacher on the first day of school. I had seen a couple of things I thought were cute on different blogs, so I kinda combined the ideas and made my own teacher treat tag to put on a jar of chocolates:
Treyton was a little embarrassed to give them to her, but she loved it. After we said our goodbyes (and I held it together pretty well. Just a little watery...) we headed to the cafeteria for a "Boo Hoo Breakfast" put on by the school counseling center for the Kindergarten parents:
Jayci was super excited for doughnuts, but kept asking when we were going to pick Treyton back up.
Griffin had to be woken up about 2 hours early to take Trey, so he was a little out of it!

I can't wait to go to the bus to pick Treyton up to day and hear all about his first day at school. In the meantime, I have TONS of cleaning and shopping to catch up on from being gone all weekend. I still can't believe I am old enough to have a kid in elementary school!

14 comments:

Jackie said...

Oh man... reading this is totally making me emotional! But I'm so glad he's excited.

Larry and Janice said...

I agree - I've got tears in my eyes too! I love that darling boy!! Wish he only had 1/2 day kindergarten, but oh well. He'll do great - he's definitely ready! By the way, nice job on the kiss-up teacher treat ;)! Kidding- it really is a cute idea!

Linda said...

I'm emotional too. I can't believe it but I know he is ready. All day surprised me. He will be tired tonight. He looks so big. We're glad your back as I'm sure Nate and the kids are.

Luke and Niki said...

All I picture is treyton yelling..."Mickyluke! Mickyluke!" Awww I miss my little bff.

Good Luck Treyton!

Jenna said...

hope he had a great first day (and that you did too)!... i'm sure his teacher appreciated her goodies and will be eating them all come 2:45. and i love that his school did a boo-hoo breakfast, that's awesome.

Hksedwick said...

Wow, he is so cute!!

Joe said...

Already a kiss up!!! Unbelievable (everybody passes kindergarten, don't they?)!

Tell Trey that I am glad he gets to go all day...and that I hope he keeps going to school well into his 30s.

Christen said...

He looks so cute in those younger pictures. Alyson, if it makes you feel better you AREN'T old enough to have a kindergartner! ;) Skye and Larkin still talk about their friend Treyton almost everyday. Miss those kids of yours!

Jessie Lewis said...

I can't believe he's in school now! Seems we were just playing softball yesterday.

Sara said...

That is CRAZY!!! I so am not ready for that! I love that last pic of Griff just zoning out!! Your kids are awesome!

Beach Hendersons said...

I got nervous just reading this. I have one more year to go. So scary. You're such an awesome mom!!!!

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

so exciting! I can't believe Treyton is a big kindergartener! I love the treat jar too- very cute! Griffin is getting so big too- he looks like a different kid everytime I see him. Jayci is so funny and I love that she is just as girly as ever! A girl after my own heart!

Dallings said...

So cute! It sounds like we have another compulsive reader to join our club!

Rucker Family said...

Kindergarten already! That's crazy! I bet his teacher loves having him in her class. What a cute idea for a teacher gift! Alyson, can I just say that you are one amazing mama...how do you do it! ;)