Monday, October 4, 2010

9 Months

Yes, it's true. Griffin is now 9 months old! And I couldn't ask for a better 9 month old than him.

Stats:
Height: 28.5 inches = 75%
Weight: 18 lbs 5 oz = 10-25% but only 5-10% for his height
Head: 50%

His appointment today went well. His ears are getting better, slowly. Dr. Schneider's only concern was his weight. It has dropped on the curve significantly. So, we will go back in 6 weeks to reassess. She said it may just be him finding his spot on the curve and may stay on the low end (hopefully). But if we go in and it doesn't go up, then we'll have to figure out what to do from there. But he has a healthy appetite, so she said not to worry too much. Which I don't. He is happy, eats lots, and is a great baby.

Here are some of the fun facts about 9 month old Griffey:
*He loves to crawl around...although his legs go a lot slower than his hands and arms. Its pretty funny to watch.
*He pulls himself up onto his knees but just can't make it onto his feet.
*He started saying his "m"s finally. So now he can say Mama...even if he doesn't know what it means.
* He loves to laugh and is super ticklish.
*LOVES to play Peek-a-boo.
*Still sucks his thumb at bed but now has added caressing his own ears. Apparently he learned from his cousin, Karinn!
*He is still an angel. Rarely cries, takes great naps, and is content just to hang out. I know that will change soon when he starts getting more curious and bored, but I am really enjoying this while I can.
*He still does not quite grasp that he is supposed to SMILE for the camera. Darn kids never perform when you want them to!
*Has the cutest face I have ever seen on a baby...although I have thought that about every single one of my kids!

8 comments:

melynda said...

i am going to say it again... he is so freaking cute!! btw, dax has a double ear infection too. sad, these poor babies! miss you.

Jessie Lewis said...

Did you pose him this way? Or is he just naturally a ham?

Chelsey said...

He's so cute! I can't believe your prior post, though--you are definitely one of the best Mom's I know. Most people would have assumed teething.

Angie said...

so adorable!

Mandi said...

Hey Alyson, I thought you should know I showed Griffin's picture to Thomas and he said "HE LOOKS LIKE ALYSON"! YEAH! I hope that makes your day :)

Rucker Family said...

Okay seriously...he is SO adorable! I can't believe how fast he has grown! Wish he and Kade could crawl around and play together. We miss you guys!

Jamie said...

He is so cute! I wouldn't worry too much about the drop on the growth chart as long as he's still eating and being consistant. Izzie did the same thing when she started crawling, I actually had to go down a diaper size because she lost all of her cute enormous rolls. I can't believe he's already that old, he'll be talking and running around like a big kid before I get to see him again. :(sad!

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

He is a cute kid. Looks like the perfect blend between Trey and Jayci! It has been too long since we've seen you guys. Can't wait for Thanksgiving!