Friday, August 19, 2011

1st Day- Round 1

Treyton started first grade today! Wow. Weird. He was so excited to finally make some friends here in Oklahoma. And I was excited to have him doing projects and keeping busy somewhere other than my kitchen! But after dropping him off, I teared up a bit. Even though he is super sweet, he pesters his sister like crazy! Could it be because they have had no one else to play with for three months? Possibly. But I love him to death and I am going to miss the funny little things he makes and his endless creativity. Man, the tears are starting again just thinking about not having him at home for the majority of the day!

Alright, on to the good stuff. Treyton got to pick out his first day of school outfit, which he was very excited about. When I took him outside to take some pictures, he looked like this:

I finally convinced him that he would still look nice if we untucked his shirt.
I wanted to walk him in his first day, but I did not expect the mad house that was West Field!! I couldn't even find a space in their massive parking lot. I had to park across the main road a ways down. It wouldn't have been SO bad but our car is in the shop with my stroller in it. So I had to haul Griffey, make sure Trey and Jayci were staying close so they didn't get hit by the massive line of cars, and do it all while sweating like a pregnant pig. I'm sure I was a lovely sight.
Treyton in front of his new school!
They had all of the Pre-K-2nd graders meet in the gym under their classroom sign. Here is Treyton waiting in Mrs. Nowlin's class.
Then Griffey and Jayci wanted to do a little bleacher posing of their own.
After 30 minutes, they were finally ready to head to class.
We got to walk down with them and say goodbye in their room. Treyton was SO excited and nervous. I can't wait to pick him up this afternoon and see how it went! (and look: I was pleasantly surprised to see there actually WAS diversity in Edmond, OK. Wahoo!)
Jayci heads to pre-K this afternoon at the school, so there will be an update about her first day in a bit!


1 comment:

Sara said...

those pics are cute and nice but i would like to see one of the sweaty pregnant pig please:)