Thursday, August 18, 2011

Praying

Everyone who has attended SVU or lived in Buena Vista, VA knows what a tight-knit community it is. My apartment neighbor, Jamie, and I spent many hours out on our porches, talking, letting our little boys play, and having baby girls a few months apart. Last year, Jamie and her husband, Andrew, added another precious addition to their family. Unfortunately, Seth has not been able to spend even one day at home. He basically has been a medical mystery to all involved. Recently, he was transferred back up to Chicago to undergo a bone marrow transplant, hoping that would solve a lot of the issues, since they couldn't really find anything that worked. His big six year old brother, Joseph, was his donor. It is quite an amazing story. He received the donation last Monday, but things are not looking great at the moment. He is having serious complications and the doctors aren't sure if he is going to pull through. Jamie and Andrew have been staying at the Ronald McDonald house with Joseph and Grace and decided today to send them home with grandparents back to Missouri so they could spend some time together with little Seth. Jamie has a blog http://millermm.blogspot.com/ that she keeps updated regularly, and which I check daily, about the ups and downs and Seth's progress. I honestly cry every time I read it because it is unimaginable to me. Jamie is really one of the sweetest people I have ever met. I was so lucky to have her as my neighbor for our last year in BV. Anyways, I know they started a fast last night and asked for prayers on Seth's (and their) behalf. I was just wanting to spread the word to anyone who might know the Millers from SVU, or those who don't, who would like to pray as well. I know they could use all of the support they could get. Make sure you go to their blog and check out their story, progress, and pictures of the Miller family.

2 comments:

Stacey C. said...

I remember the Millers, although I'm sure they don't remember me :) I will definitely be praying for them. It's heartbreaking to have one of your sweet babies in the hospital for any length of time.

Braden and Julie Reynolds said...

I love the SVU family feeling. I too am so inspired by their faith and my heart goes out to them. I simply can't imagine. Sweet to know that little seth has people praying for him the world over.