Before we left Richmond, Nate's parents got each of our kids their very own Build a Bear. For kids who seriously name each of their animals and give them specific personalities and ages, this was such a great gift! Treyton picked out a camo-colored bear, Jayci chose a pink bear, and we chose a monkey for Griffin. Well, in the last few weeks, it has become increasingly apparent that there was a problem. Griffey totally hijacked Jayci's pink bear and refused to let it go. Like he would scream bloody murder and yell "NO" and hit whenever we tried to give it back to Jayci. Wow. It was a little intense. We felt so bad that Jayci no longer could hold her bear unless she was willing to be bruised for it (she wasn't), so Nate and I decided it was time to take action. We weren't sure if it was the pink or the fuzziness of her bear that he liked, but we took a chance. Nate went over to Build A Bear after work yesterday and found the exact same bear in blue. He brought it home and we tried giving it to Griff. It was a NO go. We took his pink bear and he again flipped out. He refused to give up his "Beah". We tried to make it as cool as possible and use our best "awesome" voices, but to no avail. But you know what? Jayci was so smitten with the new blue bear that it kind of worked out! She even named him "Blue Coconut" and dressed "her" up in a red onesie and red flowered head band. Oh well. At least they each have a bear and are happy now, right?!
Jayci doesn't fall asleep often during quiet time. I went in to check on her yesterday and she was out cold. I just love little sleeping bodies.
5 comments:
Rich and I are cracking up about this!
oh that is to funny! its amazing what these kids get attached to. i love it!
where did you get that awesome superman fabric? and what is your due date again, i totally forgot?
so fun! and heather's quilt is AMAZING!!! YOU are amazing! I also LOVE that end table- your craigslist must be a lot better than ours- it stinks out here! nice find:)
So funny! I have an old beaded necklace that Mason likes to play with and Tim is SO embarassed about it since his BOY is playing with a girly necklace. I keep reminding him that Mason is not wearing it, but likes it b/c it is colorful and has a bunch of different textures on the different beads. Still, whenever I take the necklace out with us in public, Tim has to comment. :)
Ha! Sometimes a guy just likes his bears pink, you know?
Post a Comment