Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Wednesday


Today started out bright and early! I woke up before everyone else so I could go for a run before we had to leave. I overcame my first big obstacle: up a hill by our house without stopping!! Anyways, I came home and got myself and Trey as ready as could be so that when Jayci woke up and ate, we could be on our way to Bell Isle. It is a gorgeous little island right off of Richmond in the James River. We have never been but I have always wanted to go. SO MUCH FUN! Treyton loved crossing the big suspension bridge, climbing all of the rocks in the river, and both the kids loved playing in the water. I was suprised at how much Jayci really loved it. She kept whining when I took her out to chase a floating shoe. Sadly, there was one casualty. Treyton's croc was lost to the river. While we were chasing it, he kept saying "Dang it! (his new favorite phrase. Says it for everything) I can't believe I did that!" It was dang cute.
We came home, ate lunch and Jace napped, then went to the pool for a couple of hours with some neighbors. Long, tiring, but fun day.

5 comments:

Ryan and Jess said...

Isn't it hilarious to hear someone so young say things like that? Braxton says, "oh my gosh" quite often. The pictures are so fun! I especially love the camping in your living room.

Linda said...

Look at his remaining croc and see what size it was. Maybe we can bring some with us. Were they the ones we got at Kings? They eyes on that beautiful baby girl are amazing and where did the wonderful curls come from? Adorable. You are going to wear yourself out this week!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Alyson - did you do the island trip just you and the kids? Sounds beautiful - I wanna go!!!

You're having a mega week - - so fun! And AWESOME about your running! You go, girl!!

Love ya - Mom

Cam and Josie said...

What fun adventures you are having! : ) Trey and Jayci are ADORABLE!

melynda said...

looks like you are having a fun week. i cant believe how big t is getting. we are having problems with getting the flights, so i will let you know if we can still make it in august. it might be in nov/dec. love ya