Sunday, December 7, 2008

Christmas Time is Here!

First, I wanted to say that I finally updated my craft blog just a little bit. More to come. But check it out.
Now to the good stuff. We had our ward Christmas party on Saturday night. So to get in the festive mood, we went out and got a Christmas tree Saturday morning. No hunting this year. We just went over to Lowes, which has great prices, picked out a tree, went and grabbed some eggnog and went home. We had so much decorating and listening to music. Jayci really didn't get that the ornaments went on the tree. They kept ending up on her wrist as bracelets. But Treyton LOVED putting them all on the same branch.
Before:


After:



After enjoyin our lights, we went to the church to see Santa. Holy cow was Treyton excited. He had his list and made sure we didn't forget the camera. We were waiting second in line when Santa came into the room. Treyton was so excited that his face just lit up. Jayci was so scared that she ran and turned to me and would not let go the rest of the night, even after Santa left. She just kept shaking all over and saying "scary scary". Apparently Disney World really did a number on her.

After our fantastic Christmas program that centered on all of the service we had performed as a ward throughout the last couple of weeks, we went outside to find the first snow had fallen! It was tiny and icy, but Treyton still ate it. What a great Christmasy day!

4 comments:

Ashley said...

How fun...My kids haven't met Santa yet! And I don't think we're going to make it to our ward christmas party either :( I use a lot of different programs...fotofusion, YSI, and Photoshop CS3...I had to purchased all of the stuff I needed though to use things commercially!

Cam and Josie said...

Believe it or not, I miss that Virginia ice/rain/snow! And I love your tree!

sharpest family said...

Santa is a scary dude if you ask me, I don't wonder why our kids are freaked out by him. :)
P.S. Sorry to hear about the news. It must be very hard for all of you. Now I feel like a loser for telling you to "follow suit" on our family website. Leave it to me to open mouth--insert foot. I hope you're alright, let me know if I can do anything to help.

Jamie said...

I love that your kids were in their PJs to go see Santa. So cute! And Treytons list is hilarious, you're going to have your hands full there :)