Monday, December 29, 2008

5 Years Married and 4 Years Old


On the 27th, Nate and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. Five years? I don't think I am even old enough to have been married for that long. It has gone by extremely fast but at the same time feels like I have always been married. I can't speak for him, but I have loved it! Here are some reasons why our marriage works:
*We are both so easy going that sometimes nothing ever gets done, but at least neither of us really care that much!
*I am a really low maintenance kind of girl, and it is a good thing because we are POOR POOR POOR. If anyone ever says I married Nate because he is going to be a doctor and have money, I would tell them if that were true, I would have waited 15 YEARS until he was actually making money. Or just found someone who was already a doctor.
*We get along! We don't really argue, and if I get all "crazy" (as Nate calls it) he just looks at me and says "Calm down, Janice" (my mom's name). That normally works to stop me.
*We Love Each Other! And after we put the kids down every night, we just hang out together watching shows and things. I don't do any cleaning after they go to bed (or really before either) so we just hang out. It's so FUn!
Happy Five Years!!

On the 28th, Treyton celebrated his 4th Birthday!! Yes, exactly one year and one day after we were married, our little crazy boy arrived! He had such a fun family birthday yesterday (he celebrates his half birthday with friends in the summer).
He got breakfast in bed (after he came in and woke us up)
We went to church where they sang to him. Came home and he watched a new movie: Kung Fu Panda.
His requested birthday dinner:
Before we could even make it out to the front room, Trey had already opened up one of his presents. Here's what he got: He wants to be a "fixer" when he grows up, so we got him lots of cool tools. Don't mind the no pants. He pulls them off the SECOND we walk into the house.
This is the scrapbook that I made for him of his past year. He loves to look at all of the fun memories.
Nate got him this playdough canister. We played playdough for a while last night and it actually has some pretty fun things.

The cake was supposed to be a winter theme, since he wants to save his Dinosaur cake for his Land Before Time party in the summer. Yes, he is already planning it.

All in all, it was a great birthday. He was so polite all day, thanking us for every little thing. "Thank you for this dinner, mommy. It is just what I wanted." or "This is the best birthday I never had." It was pretty cute.
We sure love our little Buggy and are SO lucky to have a sweet boy like him, even if he is the busiest, loudest, most high-energy little thing I know!

11 comments:

Chelsey said...

You guys had a lot to celebrate this week! So fun. Congrats on the 5 years and happy birthday to Trey!

Teah said...

Congratulations on your 5 years of marriage!! And Happy Birthday to your son. What a busy month for you guys. It sounds like you guys couldn't be happier!

Linda said...

I have to reply real quick because we're off to the Rose Pavillion but thanks for sharing. Looks so fun. I can't wait to hug all of you!! Happy Birthday Trey and Happy Anniversary to you two. We love you!!

Ashley said...

Congrats to you guys on 5 years and happy birthday to Treyton!! What a fun week for you guys!!

sharpest family said...

You guys are too cute. I'm so glad you get along so well. Sorry we forgot your anniversary! I hope it was great. Happy Birthday to Trey too! He's growing up too fast! We can't wait to see you in July.

Reams Fam said...

Happy anniversary and happy birthday! Alyson the birthday cake is so cute!

Anonymous said...

Treyton sure likes the little man of the hour with breakfast in bed! Too cute!!! We love you guys - so thrilled you're such the great match!!! (What do you mean? "Calm down, Janice"!! That must be a compliment, right?!!
Love ya - - Mom

Ryan and Jess said...

So, this is the first time we've had the internet in a week or so! Happy Birthday Trey! You guys are the perfect couple. I love watching you interact. Happy 5 year! CRAZY! You have such a beautiful family. And what the heck is giong on in July? I keep hearing about 'July', but haven't heard anything else!!

melynda said...

happy anniversary, and happy birthday t! i love the "calm down janice" i totally laughed out loud, i love your mom!

Sara said...

I love the way you write your cute posts! Love the tools in the underwear, his cute comments, your anniversary comments, and on and on! We need to get together next week when the boys start school:)

Heather, Todd, Elliana, & Sienna said...

Happy anniversay, you two, and happy bday to Trey! Heather and I were cracking up at the marriage reasons, especially the one about Mom! Also, if Trey wants to be a fixer, like a plumber, then he's already got the "showing off his little bum-bum" thing down by wearing no pants! Love you guys, and hopefully we'll be able to come down soon and see you.