Sunday, January 11, 2009

Introducing...

Our first Virginia Cousin: Chloe Joelle Albert!!! We are so excited that Mandi made it through her 48+ at home labor and birth to bring us a beautiful baby girl on Wednesday. I had the chance to go over yesterday for a couple of hours to get to see the little one and hang out with Mandi. It was so fun. She is so sweet and tiny! And Mandi looks amazing already. When Mandi was telling me the whole ordeal, I was just riveted and fascinated by her strength in it all. It could not have been easy, physically or mentally. But it was so worth it to her to have done it that way and I was so happy that it all went great. So, even though they live an hour away and we will only be getting them for a couple of more months, we are so excited to be able to be a part of little Chloe's life for a little while before our only cousin out here moves away.

4 comments:

Joyelle said...

hey alyson!
u guys look like you're doing great! i cant believe trey is 4! he is such a cutie! and jayci is an adorable little girl! i love having a girl- it is so awesome! i was checkin out your craft blog- i love to make bows and tutu's too! too bad we don't live close anymore, we could craft together! :) so good to see that you guys are doing great- tell nate we said hi!! our blog is www.theturleybirds.blogspot.com if u wanna check it out sometime! :)

LauriAnn said...

Hooray, a cousin! I wish our kids had a least one. Is that too much to ask, especially when I have five brothers and sisters? No. She is so cute. I am starting to want a baby again!

Kim said...

48+ hours of labor?!? Wow, I'm amazed.

Linda said...

I'm so glad you got that time together. I can't wait to be there and hear the whole story and hold that precious one in my arms.