Since I have two nasty and snotty kids at home, I have nothing much to do but wait for my amazon.com order to come in the mail with my new reading material. I am so excited for them! LauriAnn and I decided the next three books we would read are:
1. The Zookeepers Wife: A story ( I can't remember if it is true) about a couple in Norway (or somewhere around there) who ran a zoo during WWII. They ended up hiding people in their animal cages during the occupation. It sounded so fascinating and I always admire the people who defied such a fanatic regime. I have been wanting to read this one for a while.
2. Great Expectations: We normally like to try to do some kind of classic, so we will be reading Charles Dickens. LauriAnn hasn't read any and I have only read Our Mutual Friend, so it should be fun reading such a famous author, even if it is Victorian!
3. Infidel: As recommended by Sarena. She said it was very well written and so fascinating that I can't wait to read it. I have seen the woman who wrote it on the Today Show and another morning show and it has also been on my list for a while. So if anyone wants to join, your welcome to read along with us.
And just to put in a good word, Wild Swans and The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society are two of the best books I have read in such a long time. The Society is fun, witty, and an easy read that you just can't put down. Wild Swans is easily the most fascinating and horrifying book I have read. I can't even fathom living in China during those times. It is incredible that anyone survived.
3 comments:
have fun! i wish i read more.!
Hey honey - - I wish I had time to read! Save some of those books for me too, ok? Hope your kids are feeling better . . and preschool starts again soon!
Love ya - - Mom
My kids are pretty snotty too. I hope yours get feeling better! Thanks for the book ideas, I haven't read anything for a couple of months and I'm starting to get that itch...
Post a Comment